Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes I was frustrated.
If I craft gear, I only craft purple gear. I stock up on this gear so, If I want to try a new layout I can. I do not understand why they would mess with R&D like this. IF anything R&D needed more options on what you can make, not have a mat added, that you can not grind. Instead you have to buy with Dilithium that can only be refined to the total of 8k a day.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Well you can sell C-Point for refined Dilithium ... see were I am going with this?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Crafting is just for the AEGIS set really, I leveled my first character in crafting and when I realized the costs involved I did not crafted it... well until I make a Tactical.

Crafting is supposed to be changed in the future, the real issue right now with crafting is not as much as the materials costs but rather the Dilitium store that makes it mostly redundant.
I mostly agree with this.

Getting certain particle traces was difficult enough and now we basically have to pay to craft something. It's not even really crafting anymore, as the quoted player in my post says, it's redundant and quite frankly, ridiculous. It's made fleet crafters kind of pointless and not nearly as useful.

I think they need to add more gear that's worth crafting AND take out the addition of dilithium.

but of course they wont do that because it's just another thing implemented in hopes that gold players would sell their CP for dilithium and silver will buy CP to exchangfe for dilithium - that's what it all comes down too.

Edit: I never really thought of Cryptic as being very greedy until I first saw dilithium being a part of crafting, I worked really hard for my main to be an effective crafter for my fleet and friends, but now that's utterly pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-23-2012, 02:58 AM
I understand what your saying. Frankly the sad truth is cryptic is not the only mmo putting mechanics like this into there games. I went back to Lord of the rings online for about three days, sense it was free to play, and believe it or not they were selling quests for RL money lol. They keep doing this in the mmo industry, and mmos will be dead in a few years, because frankly most people do not have that kind of money. I hope cryptic sleeps well at night knowing they are putting some poor shmuck deeper in dedt in RL.

If they fix this issue in sto Ill return. If they don't fix it soon ill uninstall sto and pretty much write this game off as a failure, and never return.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

Your doing it wrong. Then again, so is Cryptic. What are you making by the way? I assume something with plasma type damage. Unreplicateable materials can be bought from players on the exchange.

1x Plasma Beam Array MK IX
30 Chronometric Wave Signatures (~300k EC)
23 Common Unreplicateable Materials (230 dilithium or ~80k EC)
15 Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials (15k dilithium or ~1,125,000 EC)
1 Methogenic Particle Trace (~75k EC)
1 Anyon Particle Trace (~60k EC)
1 Schematic: Beam Array (10k EC or 10 Radiation Samples)

Total:
-> 15,230 dilithium and ~ 450,000 EC
OR
-> 1,650,000 Energy Credits

There is also an event called: Time to Craft which will give a 20% reduction in the amount of nonreplicable materials needed to craft an item.

This can reduce your dilithium input per weapon to about 12,184 (if I did my maths right).

How are you coming to 30,000 dilithium per weapon?
All that for an MK IX.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Well you can sell C-Point for refined Dilithium ... see where I am going with this?
Yes, I do......the outrageous amounts of Dilithium needed for crafting will never change. Working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2012, 03:44 AM
A previous poster mentioned the Aegis set as the only real use for crafting, i pretty much agree with this. I have a Fed & a Klink at max crafting level just n case, but the only thing I EVER craft are kits because they dont involve dilithium to make.If they could add some more items that are exclusive to R&D and cant be gained elsewhere, then i'd love to craft them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2012, 07:11 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
Did someone loose there mind!
Up in Here? Up in Here?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I have 2 max level crafters, one for Fed and one for KDF that I leveled up long before the current incarnation of our crafting system.

I refuse to waste my time with the sham of a crafting system that we currently have in STO ATM.

Has it was already stated by other posters there are plenty of other ways to get whatever gear you may need for your Toons.

My first option is always check the Exchange where you can buy pretty much everything you could possibly need with Energy Credits.

My Second option is to run Elite STF missions and turn in Proto Borg Salvage for Mk XII Purple gear. (It only took me 2 days to completely kit out my Ship and my Toon with all Mk XII Borg equipment) This is also the best cost effective option due to the fact that it only takes time to get all the gear that you need.

You can also pick up Retro Borg, MACO, Omega and Honor Guard set equipment from running the STF but it can take forever to get the Mk XII set parts.

IMO the 3 piece Retro Borg with the MACO or Honor Guard shield is the way to go and very cost effective.

STO’s crafting system feels like a cruel joke on the players, 1st you must gather ungodly amounts of crafting materials and then you have to pay some Dilithium to craft and item that is pretty much weaker than the Mk XI Borg gear.

Crafting needs a major revamp and I feel that crafted equipment should be the stronger than the stock equipment that we can get in-game from the venders.

We should be able to craft things like overcharged weapons and Hyper ship equipment and modified consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
[quote=Roach;4177399]
Quote:

Up in Here? Up in Here?
Nah, in the song it'd be "lose their" mind. Up in here..