Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Good luck over there. it's performance is not all that compared to WOW. and with the additional costs of EVERYTHING being voice over there, good luck on getting new content

JMHO
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2012, 06:41 AM
It's true. Not much to hold you there past a week. After a week you'll just get bored of the voice overs.

I played TOR from when it was released to February... Lv. 50 in the first couple of weeks (I level slowly, a friend got a char to lv. 50 in 2 days). Got bored of everything. Only thing to do is dailies at the end and that's only for 1 daily token per mission and there's not that many missions, not at all like what we get here with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
They've already created more new "content" in terms of new missions and the like, than STO has since 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Just go back and forth between the two. If your a gold member, go to silver, play TOR, play STO. I mean it's not a difficult concept. You don't have to pick one or the other. I'm from a rather large fleet, and most of our members play both.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah totally not like they haven't had two new game updates in 4 months since the games launch that included new missions, both PvE and PvP, including voice overs, and new in game events the Legacy system, with more to come, and information already coming out for the next game update 1.3. That stuff totally didn't happen at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I play both... I don't see a reason to have to choose one or the other...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
I play both... I don't see a reason to have to choose one or the other...
Exactly. STO is *free*, so you dont have to choose between which game to sub to.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
ToR does not feel like an MMO. They would've been better off overhauling Galaxies. I do give ToR a lot of slack because it is new, but I can't continue to pay for a product that didn't even have standard MMO tools (raid/group finder) implemented at launch. I came back to STO because I like having my own unique ship that I can fly around anywhere I want and it's not on rails. It's always gonna come down to personal preference, but the STO community for the most part seems friendlier and for me that trumps any complaints someone may have about gameplay.

EDIT: This thread has been closed because these are the STO forums, not the TOR forums. If you would like to discuss TOR, there is a thread in "10 Forward" that you can use Thanks! BranFlakes
Closed Thread