Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
you wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to resort to placing samples in smaller stacks or singles because they either take forever to sell or don't sell at all because most people are too lazy or don't want to waste all the time searching through the pages worth of samples for good deals on stacks.

A "sort by quantity" option would be a lot more useful for the data samples along with several other categories.

I definitely agree there needs to be some way to select a show fed only or show KDF only. As far as I know there is nothing in game as of yet that allows for unrestricted cross faction use of anything so why not.

Also on the selling side of the exchange I noticed now when you go to sell something when you input the price and after you click post the item price stays until you change it, this is great for multiple items and something like this for the quantity would really be nice just to help speed things up and free up exchange resources for another player.

Since it's a completely different type of game I think it's okay to mention the name of the game so something else I'd like to suggest is some type of exchange current average prices, which would probably have to be set up on the wiki and not in game. As Much as I hate the game, ********* players have something setup like that on their wiki and it really helps when planning a lot of aspects out. The only negative to it is the players would have to create and update it since I don't think STO has an exchange price monitor that can be called outside of the game (no update price button possible) and that it was rely on people being honest about prices when they update them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
you wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to resort to placing samples in smaller stacks or singles because they either take forever to sell or don't sell at all because most people are too lazy or don't want to waste all the time searching through the pages worth of samples for good deals on stacks.

A "sort by quantity" option would be a lot more useful for the data samples along with several other categories.
Well, at least for me, the problem isn't sorting through all the pages, the problem is not even being able to get to the page! There are some Boff's that are worth more then 1 million dollars, but even if you search for very rare Boffs, and go to the last page, that is a high as it will go, so how do you expect somebody to find your boff?

Same with stacks of samples I think.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I can agree on having numbers stack. For instance, if there are ten bottles of synthale each going for one ec, make it a single button, and you choose the one that was the oldest posted.

Makes things much more efficient.

I would also LOVE to be able to set up an actual auction house. Even being able to stick 'OBO' at the end of it, so it goes to the highest bidder, or they buy it as the listed price. Granted, that's a whole new mechanic, so I'm not holding my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
So put a limit on how many items you can put on the exchange at once. Like maybe 10.
There is a limit, and it's already on the low side. 10 is ridiculously small.

Here is what I think the Exchange needs:

1. Race and sex for duty and bridge officer searches, especially bridge officer searches. I could not find a Jem'Hadar ultra rare duty officer with the search because it's so limited, so I didn't know what a fair price would be for selling one. That's simply a flaw that should be corrected. If there is hidden content on the Exchange, that's not the way it should be, regardless of opinion.

2. Don't let expired sale items be deleted when trying to retrieve them from mail. I lost six duty officers in one day because of this bug. They just disappeared when I clicked to retrieve them. I think the problem is that if the mail messages are "too old" then the items are deleted from the system even though they still appear in the mail message so when one goes to retrieve them they vanish.

3. Separate out ship weapons by type, as in the crafting interface. This is fairly minor compared to the aforementioned issues, but it would be helpful.

4. Let us turn off the flashing icon for Exchange items sold messages. This is very minor, but it would be an improvement. It's a bit of a hassle when one is in the middle of battle and a flashing icon starts going frequently because of sales. Maybe there's a way to do this already. I'll check.

5. Let us access the Exchange from a terminal inside our ships. Seeing people typing on the Exchange terminals isn't social.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2012, 08:05 PM
deviding KDF/Fed exchange will make ec-transfer impossible (its not possible via mail) so no to point one.

the other thing is the one-piece spam in exchange:

it must be solved this way: you can only put one of a kind at the same time in exchange: so if you have "chronometric wave particle" you can only put one time in exchange: either one, or 2, 3, 10 or 250, but you can not put two times a 1 pc stack.

i really dont know where those one piece stacks originate from that fill nearly 300 of 400 pages and sometimes more ...

the other problem is the 400 pages limit itself. it leads to exclusion of large stacks ...

when 400 ppl sell 10 pc stacks for 10k each you cannot sell your 250pc stack unless you go to 9999ec, even if your 260pc stack is much cheaper per pc, cause it wont be seen untill all 400 pages are empty.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Just allowing us to see all the items listed rather than 400 would go a very long way.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
it must be solved this way: you can only put one of a kind at the same time in exchange.
At least two of a kind. I have multiple duty officers who are the same people, and that was from missions/packs. It should be possible to put more than one duty officer up if they are the same. Plus, for one account I have quite a few ultra rare bridge officers that I have been intended to put up for sale, but haven't had the chance yet. Being limited to dribbling one out at a time would be a pain. Crafting people would find this solution also a problem because they may want to sell multiple crafted items that are the same. I've also accumulated duplicate items in PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2012, 06:18 AM
I really don't think splitting the exchange is a good idea. But I think a Faction adjustment would be nice for when I want a KDF or Fed Doff and the Exchange is laden with the opposite Faction.

Trait searching would be awesome!.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Well, maybe not spit them altogether, but give us check boxes to exclude other factions.