Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
IMOHPO...
KDF is 18% of the player base because of it's sub-par content in general since the beginning.
everyone but cryptic and cbs knows this.
Which is why no mmo company other than cryptic will make a half built faction.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
KDF PvE story. Events have been lack luster and all over the place as far as timing goes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I think there would be more people playing the KDF if it had as much content as the Feds, but I dont think it would be anywhere near half the playerbase. At most I think a full KDF faction would only have 30-35% of the playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
I'm kinda thinking CBS doesn't care either way, as long as they get their cut of the profits, everything's fine.
They didn't buy the ST franchise because they cared about it, they did it for the money they could make off it.
It's pretty clear who made the decison to proceed as they did.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Plenty of MMO companies will only make one faction though.

It's less about the numbers of KDF for me and more, well... Trust. Small details can change. But the KDF isn't a small detail even at 18% of the population.

If a detail that large can be neglected, what's to say they won't eliminate the science profession at some point or force Caitians to respec to another species? It's about trust and trust affects all other business decisions I make as a consumer.

I want to see that Cryptic is both willing and able to make good on some of its vision before I put more money in.

Let's say Wendy's doesn't sell a lot of chicken nuggets. Still, the quality of their nuggets can influence whether I buy a hambuirger there. If they have shards of glass in their chicken nuggets or they give some customers who order nuggets an empty box, I'm gonna take my hamburger business elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree with the previous poster that they should simply become a mini faction.

Lets face it, the game has taken the 'grind' model over the 'theme park' mmo model. Don't get me wrong, they are still adding some new 'rides' to the park and are even putting in a sandbox next season, but it does need more elements to maintain interest as a 'grind' game. And don't kind yourself, every single MMO ever designed is a 'grind' in some form or another, if you just want a theme park pick up any number of countless single player RPGs on the market. And the grind model is well suited to F2P as they offer shortcuts to the grind for cash. I wonder how many people purchased a shuttle since last week for example, or how many gamma quad doff packs have been sold, and so on. Nearly every new piece of content will need to have a cash shortcut to be worth cryptic's time in the future. Just wait till you see the shipyard starbase component that you can buy outright for $20, or spend 500,000 dilithium for one that takes nearly twice as long to refit a ship or whatever it is you will want to do with a starbase. Mark my words it'll happen, and it needs to happen sadly.

Cryptic has limited resources, it needs to spend them wisely. I have klingon toons as alts, but I would much rather play end game repeatable content rather than go threw the same story mission on ten toons. Might be why I have 2 level 50 KDF toons and have only played maybe 5 or 6 of the story missions so far.

You will notice in the Nagus's survey that STFs are at the top, and there is a simple reason for that. High rewards for a well designed grind. That is what your average Joe MMO player wants even if they don't admit it.

In addition, if they are accepted as a mini-faction it opens the doors to the other races being introduced as mini factions as well that much faster. If they gave me a romulan at level 40 with the current FEs rehashed for them to level up with I would be giddy. Same with cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Plenty of MMO companies will only make one faction though.

It's less about the numbers of KDF for me and more, well... Trust. Small details can change. But the KDF isn't a small detail even at 18% of the population.

If a detail that large can be neglected, what's to say they won't eliminate the science profession at some point or force Caitians to respec to another species? It's about trust and trust affects all other business decisions I make as a consumer.

I want to see that Cryptic is both willing and able to make good on some of its vision before I put more money in.

Let's say Wendy's doesn't sell a lot of chicken nuggets. Still, the quality of their nuggets can influence whether I buy a hambuirger there. If they have shards of glass in their chicken nuggets or they give some customers who order nuggets an empty box, I'm gonna take my hamburger business elsewhere.
no mmo makes an half filled faction is what i am saying
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Starting to think the Foundry community should get together and make our own KDF PvE mission series where we all collaborate and make the best missions we are able with the tools we have.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Nay to scheduled events. I don't need Cryptic dictating when I need to play. Give the Klingons more content.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Klingon PvE missions