Lt. Commander
# 21
04-23-2012, 07:13 AM
best way to get dillithium is get a job and BUY it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-23-2012, 08:15 AM
wow.. first, the OP is blowing things WAY out of proportion. i discussed dilithium grinds in another thread. do the investigate officer, that's what, 480? do the history lesson. another 480. say another 150 for the doff missions. go grind the deferi another 1440. grind btran and do the explore strange new worlds. thats 2880. it's also an hour or hour and a half, depending on what you get for missions in Btran. hardly 72K dilithium a DAY. besides, even if you have "50" toons and you do grind 72K a day, you have to REFINE it, and you are limited on how much you refine.

OP, get a life and stop obsessing
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
put the dith on the market @ 50dil to 1c on character A

got to character B and cancel the transaction and there you go

now character B has the dilithium from A
This is actually great news and I'm glad I asked. I only ever heard that dil couldn't be traded. I assumed that included between toons on the same account.

Happy days!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneCabal View Post
Hello Star Trek Online community,

over the time I noticed that many more people take advantage of using 50 Characters to farm Cryptic points or farm enough EC to buy anything they want. For me I find it a little discouraging because we do missions in order to gain dilithium, to be able to buy something out of the Exchange with earned EC through selling stuff in the exchange. This is just my opinion, but it aggravates me a lot seeing how just a friend of mine logs out the whole time and back in, just to do the Investigate Officer Reports about 50 times which would equal 72,000 Dilithium a DAY. In addition, I find it interesting how they gain so many duty officers just by doing the recruitment assignments in the DOFF system.

I want to hear other player opinions about this situation if its really useful to do this and spend efforts doing that and actually gain a huge advantage of everyone else, or to call it exploitation of using the system to transfer everything over to one character.

Really interested in hearing other opinions.
Its his way to play the game; his way to be entertained, he does not harm anybody with that. Who am I to even dare to tell him to do otherwise? By what right?

I, personally, would be extremly bored to play the game that way. I have two chars. 1 KDF; 1 SF. I do not think I'll start a third one before Romulan faction release.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
First, does he really have 50 characters? Or are you just exaggerating? 50 characters does cost a lot C-points after all. And just because you see him logging on and off all the time, doesn't mean it's a different character each time. I have 6 characters, but if you were on my friend's list, you would see me log on and off much more than 6 times. Say I find a good Doff assignment. I'll log on and off with each character to pick it up. What? I'm missing the correct item to start the assignment? No problem. Log off and log back in with another toon that I know has the said loot. Send item in mail. Log out and back in with original toon. Etc Etc.

Secondly, why should it bother you that he likes to 'play' that way? He is playing within the mechanics of the game. His gameplay doesn't affect yours in any way. If it bothers you that much, maybe you should turn off your notifications of people logging in and out.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
One of the things that is really ruining this planet is all the people who are constantly trying to make their own personal taste the law of the land. It bothers the hell out of me that the people selling C points on the dilithium exchange are such greedy jerks and keep jacking the price up; I complain about it all the time. Why I DON'T do is try to get the rules changes just because I find it obnoxious.

I won't question the veracity of your claims about what he's up to because even if it is an exaggeration, I'm sure SOMEONE out there is doing just that. So what? If they really want to put that much work into farming dilithium then they have earned their return. What you are describing is a MASSIVE amount of work. I have 3 characters and just doing all of their dilithium missions seriously cuts into my real playing time.

In summation: He's not bothering you, he's not unbalancing the game. To be blunt: mind your own business...
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
best way to get dillithium is get a job and BUY it.
This. All your in game grinding is no match for my life grinding!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi,

his friend is very probably me on another account. ( PWE said i can have two ).

let me respond to some of the things said:

I have purchased 50 character (all besides 12? with dilithium) slots and that seems to be the limit on my lifetime account. (cant buy any more).

I do the daily officer reports (mostly) every evening with all of them in an hour (+ some doff missions). Im a fast clicker. So it takes less than a minute per toon on a fast computer if im not distracted otherwise.
While at it i watch a episode of Star Trek or two or talk on teamspeak. Its basically a way to relax while keeping my fingers occupied and saving 5? Euro cryptic points towards buying the next ship pack. I dont do this for Pay2Win.

The characters are between level 35 to 45 just from doing this every evening. When i bought them with dilithium the costs amortized after or even before a month. (dont forget the 1-3 contraband you get from doff missions every day) Also Note that Dilithium refining is limit per character and not per account.

Having accumulated a few hundred millions EC i also like to invest a bit in the exchange. (EC needs to work)

I dont play with dilithium exchange rates besides buying a few points every week to spend in the C-Store.

I also don't grief others. I help my fleet mates by borrowing them ec or watching out for items on the exchange.

Answering to the claim that i get an advantage in PvP that way. Contrary to the claim made - i have not a single bound ACCx3 weapon and have played more STF than PvP matches.

I can personally not find a fault in my playstyle - but whether the Daily Officer Report grinding should stay in the long run might be debatable. Short term Cryptic are aware that this exists and have neither ruled that this is exploitation nor have they take measures since months to take it out. Its just the fastest way to make dilithium i know but hardly exploitation. As much as grinding Alien Artifacts and buying contraband from the profit is not exploiting to grind dilithium. This game just scales with Characters in certain ways.

I have a life and a job as Systemadministrator. Op stays longer in the game per day - than it takes me to manage my characters and maybe play some STF's.

I hope this sheds some more light on the situation.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdup View Post
You could buy 72000 dilithium for about $5.

I wouldn't quit my day job to do what you described.
actually more, last I heard the dil exchange is at 288 per CP, so for 5 bucks you get 400 cp, = 115k dilithium.

so yeah 72k for 5 hours of work means based on that rate that guy would be making less than 63 cents an hour....yay for him. Me no cares.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telorianshoran
I hope this sheds some more light on the situation.
Explains it all. Nothing to see here. OP needs to get on with his life.