Lt. Commander
# 1 Where did all the salvage go?
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Ever since the introduction of the Ferangi boxes all I get out of STFs are Data Chips some odd gear and boxes. I haven't seen Mark 11 or 12 salvage in a while. Maybe it's just me, but I wanted to give you all a heads up.

Thanks for all the hard work, keep the fun times coming.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2012, 05:30 PM
It's still there, just still a tiny chance to drop, unless the luck is with you.
Did a round of the 3 Elite space STFs last night with a premade team.
By the time we were done, 2 had a prototype salvage, 1 had prototype tech and 1 had vet tech...
and of course, 1 got diddly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I picked up a Prototype Borg Armour Tech the other day, but I haven't seen the blue Borg Salvage (2x for mk xi req.) in forever. Surely they're still there, I just don't see them anymore, and I used to pick at least one up for every STF I've done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
My friend and I have also noticed what I would describe as a sharp reduction in the amount of salvage that has dropped from elite STFs. Because the salvage is tradeable for dilithium containers, I suspect that the drop rate may have been quietly reduced.

I saw no mention of this in the patch notes, but the reduction is obvious, and seems to coincide with the release of the Ferengi lockbox scheme, as you describe.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2012, 11:06 PM
This would not surprise me. Given the recent rash of 'quiet fixes' and changes that affect the game in a drastically negative fashion, this wouldn't surprise me at all. I've actually had to give up doing strike forces at all for the most part. The recent addition of the penalty box for those trying to complete the task and the sharp, noticeable drop in acceptable salvage has made them nothing but an exercise in frustration.