I have:

161 edc
24 proto salvs
24 rare salvs
rare engine tech
rare armour tech
2x rare weapon tech
rare psg tech

I dont need them its just junk whiel i keep grinding IGE to get the psg just IGE alone im on maybe run 150 or so.
if the proto is the same drop rate as a lock box ship i wouldnt be surprised..everytime we complete an elite its like unlocking a box.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 02:20 AM
I can confirm an increase in the drop rate for the tech as I did get 2 deflector techs and 2 engine techs within 48hours of gametime which were my 5450th, 5471st, 5485th and 5500th runs respectivly which allowed me to finnish all sets on my fed for space and ground after completing them on my klink just before the change.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
reading everyone reply most of it ture but i have notice my self this week mostly been running elite stf with my fleet and few publice with more or less the same people now this is were the problem starts

the stf seen to pick just one person and he'll get if lucky the prototype chip tech (if it drops) and iv notice this person if the stf done in opti time he'll get 90% to all of the bonus loot and everyone els just gets crap and no bonus

second problem if u run more than one pc in ur house like me i have 2 to 3 pc on this game 1 me 2 dad 3 brother if home now when it come to stfs if me and my dad in it together we get nothing

if me and my bro in it i get the tech chip (if droped) and in opti time i seen to get most of the loot

now if all 3 of us are in the same stf non of us get anything from bonus or tech chips justplan rubish

other wierd thing thats happend is we the 3 of us lined up for the smae stf and we all ended on a different one ummm........ ****ed up i think so
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Four more IGE runs tonight no proto tech, but I did get a rare tech on two runs. Oh and one of the users on my team well it was his first Elite run and gets the proto type tech drop. What the ell do I got to do to get this stuff. I said i would never RAGE quit this game but I gettin close to it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok if you not going to increase the drop by much so more users can get their tech then aleast get rid of the cooldown or cut it in half.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Was only able to get two IGE runs in tonight due to the server going down and designing my new signature. My bad luck has continued no Proto Type Tech Drops tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech drops are REALLY high now compared to what they were. I've seen two (2!) proto techs drop in one run and it seems like once every 5 runs someone gets a drop. Believe me, now it's only a matter of time before you complete your set.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Well I have been doing Cure Ground Elite daily since about a week before Easter weekend. On average Mondays to Thursday 3 runs per night, and about 50 runs every weekend (Friday to Sunday). So far I have some Rare Weapon tech drops but not one single Prototype Weapon Tech.

As with MJ's first post I have all the STF Accolades (minus the ones requiring the MK XII set).

This system is still very random, with no guarantee. What kills me is when I speak to some players who say 'Oh got my gun in 5 run'

Now I could QQ about it here on and on, but to be positive how about asking Cryptic it they could maybe use the accolade system to enable players, who has put in the time to grind STF, to buy there missing Tech. (Vet reward already use accolades to unlock Vendors so i think it wouldn't be a hard system to setup) By all means Keep the Tech drops in so there is a 'chance' to get the tech drop early.

(P.s. For new STF's, accolades could also be used to unlock Elite version of each STF and purchase rights.

To put this into a example.

Completing 10 Normal Cure Ground runs would give you access to Elite Cure Ground and a player would be allowed to buy the Mark XI Ground Weapon Tech.

Completing 40 Elite Cure Ground runs would give the Player the right to buy the Mark XII Ground Weapon Tech.

Any case that is my suggestion.

Do a run stand a chance to get a tech drop early. Complete Accolade grantee a player the right to buy the Gear. Work = Reward)
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
I can confirm an increase in the drop rate for the tech as I did get 2 deflector techs and 2 engine techs within 48hours of gametime which were my 5450th, 5471st, 5485th and 5500th runs respectivly which allowed me to finnish all sets on my fed for space and ground after completing them on my klink just before the change.
I play about 10-15 stf elite (space) every day, in the last 2 month I get only 2 prototype tech.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rielos
Tech drops are REALLY high now compared to what they were. I've seen two (2!) proto techs drop in one run and it seems like once every 5 runs someone gets a drop. Believe me, now it's only a matter of time before you complete your set.
Hopefully your luck doesn't change like mine did at first I was getting a Proto Type Tech drops all the time, but as soon as I got to the last pieces I need to complete the MACO and Omega Mk XII Ground sets I stopped getting them.

I am not the only person having this problem, I have heard a few others that are having the same problem as me, as soon as they get to their last piece to complete a set it will just not drop for them. My friend has been trying for about two months now to get the proto type weapon tech from CGE. One of his runs I decided to go with and help and now I feel bad because I got the Tech and I didn't need it I had 4 of them already.

The Tech drop rate it F'd up for some it drops every other run and for others like me they can't get the ones they need. Ever since my luck on these drops has completely changed I will not go on any other STFs except IGE, because if I get a Tech drop from another STF it worsens my odds of getting the tech I need from IGE and if I get another tech drop I don't need someone is going to get steel toe boot drop, JK maybe