Lt. Commander
# 21
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurialo
I play about 10-15 stf elite (space) every day, in the last 2 month I get only 2 prototype tech.
It took me 4months to grind out 5500 stf runs and all the gear, to complete my first ground set before the drop changes it took exactly 1000 runs to complete the maco set on my fed, so, even with bad luck you will eventually get your sets done and when I'm online if you need an extra to help you get the missions done just let me know, I may have completed mine but that's not stopping me from helping out to farm and stockpile other proto tech we get in preparation for the new Variants due out soon.

Remember, if your starting to get burnt out grinding then take a breather and when you comeback get with friends and try not to focus on the grind, just have fun (it's something I have noticed when I'm running my teams, if we have fun our STF cycles go faster and we just not bothered by the grind aspect)
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
With the extremely low drop rate of Proto Type Tech, Grinding for it has the potential of 1.) p1$$ing people to the degree where they RAGE quit and 2.) After months of grinding for one (1) item take a break from STO and 50/50 chance they won't come back.

There being such a low drop rate makes no sense at all. Gozer has already stated (STOked) that the current proto type gear will eventually be purchasable with tokens (Believe he meant EDC). So if they continue to plan on bringing out new gear why make the drop rate so low.

This Grind fest I am going thru has already tired me of it all and I have been here since the first beta, how many others have said F it I don't need this and left the MMO for good.

Ever since I found out what an STF was that has been the one thing that has keep me coming back for more, but now for the first time I am tired of doing them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Actually got 5 IGE runs in tonight, No proto type PSG Tech drops. Maybe in three years if I or STO are still here I may get it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJayMor View Post

Said a lot

Grats Seth now change your sig :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been after the proto weapon tech for about 2 months now (getting close to 3 in may). and sometimes i get so mad i just shut my computer off and load up halo CE or a fighter game on my xbox and just blow holes in things until im relieved.

but so far ive gotten
Mk XII
  • Omega(ground) armor and shields
  • MACO(ground) armor
  • Omega(space) deflector
Mk XI
  • Omega(ground) armor, shields, weapon
  • MACO (ground) armor, shields, weapon
  • Omega (space) engine, shield
  • MACO (sapce) engine, shield, deflector

and to boot it off, I got 2 more proto armor techs in KAGE. I think im done with KAGE for awhile...lol
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Grats Seth now change your sig :p
YESSSSSSS, Finally got it 150 plus IGE runs later and now I just need one more.

Andrew you're my good luck charm and your going on every IGE run until I get another one. LOL

Signature updated
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJayMor View Post
YESSSSSSS, Finally got it 150 plus IGE runs later and now I just need one more.

Andrew you're my good luck charm and your going on every IGE run until I get another one. LOL

Signature updated
gratz on finishing your omega set, now we need to help ya get you maco set done
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
well i been testing on my 1st toon

20 kit's one proto tech
20 infected a tech will drop
40 cure still nothing ???? ummmm
iv now finshed the accoled of cure 100 time done i was at 50/100 when patch came in and still no chip yet just do the other i get it wtf that about i dont think they programed cure rite other they did but cure nope ****ed and not droping
Lt. Commander
# 29 Only Shield Tech Drop
04-29-2012, 02:47 AM
I only seem to get shield tech drop. Is it mission related? I mean, does the three STF's drop different type of tech, I do only Infected elite but the other on normal, tried 6 times on cure elite and failed every time so I got bored.

I find cure elite so hard, 80% of the times I do them on normal the Optional is done.
If Im unlucky i die one time on Infected Elite, never on Normal

Ship: Odd sci XII [borg] AP beams + 1front and rear torp ( XII [borg] )

I'll take the opportunity to ask:

Where is my place with the above ship on cure?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-29-2012, 02:56 AM
i play elites and found out that its just luck, like gozer stated he wanted them to be hard to get/something people who wanted to grind would. I personlly have gotten 2 shield protos, 1 engine and 2 proto gorund techs.

Its just luck i did this all in 5 days of stfs and just sold everything else or put it in my fleet bank
-Spells