Lt. Commander
# 1 The challenge is gone
04-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I love this game and though I may complain from time to time, I do believe this is one of the most enjoyable MMORPG's i have played in.

I have been here since beta testing and have seen all the ups and downs of the game. The one thing I have noticed is that whenever something challenging is introduced, everyone on the forums seems to complain. I like the challenges and hope that the Dev team will continue to make challenging encounters. The Romulan Defender ships that use to drop were awesome. I loved the way they healed and that they were about as challenging as fighting another player. I feel the loss of this important ship as a random encounter was a loss of enjoyability for me.

The game today is easier to level up in, easier to fight in, and across the board just easier than it was a year ago. Why are we moving the game to be easier? Why not make more challenging missions, challenging enemies, and put in more events that require thought instead of grind?

I personally do not feel challenged anymore, do you?.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalshamon View Post
The game today is easier to level up in, easier to fight in, and across the board just easier than it was a year ago. Why are we moving the game to be easier? Why not make more challenging missions, challenging enemies, and put in more events that require thought instead of grind?

I personally do not feel challenged anymore, do you?.

The easier an activity or game is, the more who will play it. The more who play it, the more players Cryptic and PW have to market their C-Store items to. It's all about a quantity to quality ratio.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
To me the Game is a royal mess, it has never been in such a dire state tbh,
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Play some PvP. That's plenty challenging.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm still new enough to be doing missions for the first time
And there are so far ten of me
so im getting challenged quite a bit
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Just came recently, and the pve part was cakewalk. Tried advanced and elite modes, and it became a longer cakewalk. The only pve challenge is to group with people who don't know what to do.

PvP is rewarding. Well, space at least is. In other games there's a huge mob of veterans, who stomp people into the ground. We have them here too, but their numbers seem to be really low. I feel I have a good success rate regardless of being a newcomer F2P bum who didn't spend a dime.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
The Desire and purpose of playing is gone.
Grind more DL in the dailies... why?
Enjoy more of the storyline at endgame?...... what story?
PvP against the feds/KDF/whomever?.... to what end?
There is nothing to really make a player want to continue playing past the fact its F2P and has the Star Trek name slapped on it.
Its such a mess as to give no incentive and it never had a challenge to begin with becuase higher NPC hitpoints and Higher NPC damage does not a challenge make.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
yeah, i miss the grind, the pace of the game is too fast.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan_Reborn
yeah, i miss the grind, the pace of the game is too fast.
A case of Redbull and a weekend does not make for a fun game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
For me, PvP and constantly trying to improve and optimize your gear and build work pretty well on the long run.