Lt. Commander
# 1 Alt Tab to Desktop
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM
On map transfer/play a map, STO automatically alt-tabs to the desktop and i have to re-open the program from the taskbar. The map and game are fine, but it is a bit annoying when you are trying to test something and the game always shows you the desktop.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBarber
On map transfer/play a map, STO automatically alt-tabs to the desktop and i have to re-open the program from the taskbar. The map and game are fine, but it is a bit annoying when you are trying to test something and the game always shows you the desktop.

Is anyone else having this problem?
I've never seen this happen. That sounds like an annoying bug, given how often we have to switch back and forth. That would drive me crazy.

Possibly try changing your screen resolution? Otherwise I have no ideas. I'm sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Switch your game to "Fullscreen Windowed" mode. That should fix it

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...08&postcount=4
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2012, 04:38 AM
It's a video card error, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're using Nvidia. I used the minimized full window trick to avoid it until I got a new comp, that doesn't have the problem.

(Also, minimized window is handy for copy pasting spell checking stuff, so it actually helped me in the long run.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
thanks guys that really helped. yeah im using Nvidia. it does kind of drive me nuts but im gonna try windowed maximized like you said and see if that helps.

cheers