Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Me being the biggest culprit in game probably for this always complains about the bad things first and forgets about the good bits. To bring balance to the other thread, i thought i'd start this one.

Hopefully Gozer will read this and leave the good bits intact.

For me as follows:

5 v 5 is good. Not too many and not too little. Maybe also add 3 v 3 option in ques as well as leaving 5 v 5 for off peak times.

Variation in space weaponry. Maybe more in the future (Not just as 1 offs but same as the other 6 types now the skill tree is none weapon type specific)

Please keep it simple: Good points with future possible related enhancements. No complaining please :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Being able to use some terrain features for cover.

enhancement - put hazards in map

e.g. a moving nebula that disables map minimap sorta like the nebula's in armada.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Me being the biggest culprit in game probably for this always complains about the bad things first and forgets about the good bits. To bring balance to the other thread, i thought i'd start this one.

Hopefully Gozer will read this and leave the good bits intact.

For me as follows:

5 v 5 is good. Not too many and not too little. Maybe also add 3 v 3 option in ques as well as leaving 5 v 5 for off peak times.

Variation in space weaponry. Maybe more in the future (Not just as 1 offs but same as the other 6 types now the skill tree is none weapon type specific)

Please keep it simple: Good points with future possible related enhancements. No complaining please :-)
I'd actually love to see a 1-vs-1 "King of the Hill" game queue, race to 3 kills per match only. The match rewards get progressively better depending on how many matches are won in a row by the current reigning "king." Once the king is defeated, the person that beats him becomes the new king, and the cycles starts over.

I'd also like to see a Conquest Mode map, where territory control based on which faction wins that area in team pvp combat. Some conquest map areas may contain bonus production sites like crafting materials, DOFF missions, EC credit generation, etc... giving players incentive to retain or seize control of the contested resource areas. Yes, this has been mentioned as a possible future upgrade, but don't hold your breath.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 06:06 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
What is good about PVP? (Seriously)
The People.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 06:20 AM
The best part about PVP is the difference in gameplay from PVE.

In PVP gameplay, one must use his Bridge Officer Abilities wisely. PVP isnít always just about the PEW, PEW and PEWING. It is about teamwork and smart choices! Who do you target first, when do you switch targets, who do you de-buff and who do you buff and etc.!

In my own opinion, this game could be made great if it had some serious and good PVP options such as:
-Open PVP Deep Space Encounters.
-Copies of Certain Fleet actions made into PVP games. Star Base 24 would make an excellent FA.
-More regular PVP options.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 07:27 AM
In my opinion, one of the next big things that would spice up PvP would be fleet star bases.

For starters, a simple scenario:

To take a star base from another fleet you would need to win a space battle of 5 vs 5 or even 10 vs 10. If you win in space, then you need to beam down and win ground. Of course, taking over a star base shouldn't be so easy, cos the base should also be armed with turrets and torps, should have weapon slots same like ships.

There are so many possibilities for PvP related to star bases, would really make things interesting. Maybe to have an option of a counter strike , if your fleet went to capture some other fleets base and in meanwhile they sent ships to capture yours, if nobody's home, well.... you get it.

Don't know, just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
ok my post made no sense here, ima go start a new thread haha.

go PVP!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
"What is good in PvP?"
"To kill your enemies, to see them driven before you..."

More seriously:
Meaningful individual and team build choices with trade-offs, minimal gear dependency.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 11:49 AM
The best in PvP... It's free. What if it would cost 10 EDC to queue? Or 10 CP?

Jokes aside... it's just the best part of any game since Dynablaster.
Lt. Commander
It requires teamwork and communication. Everything that PvE lacks. With 5 competent and experienced persons the linear STFs (and their optionals) are a breeze. You can go through an entire match without chatting with one another, or bsing about your day at work, or how fail the Spheres are. Because thats just it, PvE never changes, same baddie, same fight, same % shot a loot.

With PvP though I can't go afk to get a coffee b/c that target will sieze the fact that I haven't buffed my EptS and other Damage resistence buffs. Or my teammates hate me b/c I didn't hit them with AsiF & extends b/c I was RPing as a Vulcan taking orders from an Andorian Captain. There are Real implications for doing your job well, as well as utter fail if you can't pull your own weight. PvP is an Engaging experience, the reason why it reigns supreme!