Lt. Commander
Question says it all, what's better ? The MKXII stuff or things that scale .. Ferengi rockets blue phasers ect
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Mk XIs are better than the scaling items so it's a fairly safe bet that Mk XIIs are superior as well. It's been some time since I last used one, but I think they top out at about the Mk X equivalent of whatever weapon it is you're using.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
Mk XIs are better than the scaling items so it's a fairly safe bet that Mk XIIs are superior as well. It's been some time since I last used one, but I think they top out at about the Mk X equivalent of whatever weapon it is you're using.
When the game comes back up, I'd have to double check, but I think the Blue Retro Phaser arrays off the C-store Connie rack in at +5 more damage than a "stock" Mk XI at VA(50) - they "match" the Mk Xs around L45... So a Mk XI "blue" with [Dam] modifier > Scaling Retro Array at VA...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
When the game comes back up, I'd have to double check, but I think the Blue Retro Phaser arrays off the C-store Connie rack in at +5 more damage than a "stock" Mk XI at VA(50) - they "match" the Mk Xs around L45... So a Mk XI "blue" with [Dam] modifier > Scaling Retro Array at VA...
i'm pretty sure that the retro phaser from the connie are among the weakest weapons ingame. I'm not sure about that, but i think they only have 1 modifier, so actually they would be uncommon and not rare+the dmg is low. So any blue MK XI is far better, as you correctly stated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Raudl I may be misinterrupting you so apologies if I'm wrong.

But the Quality does not effect the damage of a weapon unless the modifiers are [Dmg].

White Mk X
Green Mk X [Acc]
Blue Mk X [Acc] [CritD]
Purple Mk X [Acc]x2 [CritD]

All do the same base damage although the higher [Acc] on the Purple one will result in more hits and crits and thus a higher overall damage. Base Damage only goes up with marks not quality.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Raudl I may be misinterrupting you so apologies if I'm wrong.

But the Quality does not effect the damage of a weapon unless the modifiers are [Dmg].

White Mk X
Green Mk X [Acc]
Blue Mk X [Acc] [CritD]
Purple Mk X [Acc]x2 [CritD]

All do the same base damage although the higher [Acc] on the Purple one will result in more hits and crits and thus a higher overall damage. Base Damage only goes up with marks not quality.
you are right! I looked it up. It only has 1 modifier [CritH] so its basically a green quality

http://www.stowiki.org/Retrofit_Forward_Phaser_Bank

But do those even scale to mk XI? or do those stop at MK X? I think they stop at MK X
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Actually, I found that the Wiki's Standard Phaser Array damage tables come "closer" to what I'm getting as in-game stats for the Retrofit arrays that I scarfed off of the Tier 1 C-store Connies and tossed on my Gal-X while I'm working on a full set of [Borg] arrays...

As I stand in Quark's bar and look up my ship equipment page:

Phaser Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg] = 215 damage (172 DPS)
Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank [CrtH] = 205 damage (164 DPS)

Wiki chart I'm referencing has the Mk XI at 210 damage, Mk X at 200. Since neither beam has a [Dam] modifier, they should both be working on "base" stats. If my skills (or the Gal-X) are giving me a +5 damage boost, than this confirms that the Retrofit banks top off at Mk X. Passable while seeking out decent Mk XI or XII gear...

Also remember that there's the scaling blue beams off the C-store Connie, and a "marked" retrofit bank from a mission reward (one of the Devidian series, IIRC). Seems to me that they use slightly different damage tables, as the Wiki has "fixed" Mk XIs doing less damage than mine are doing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdrianDareau
Actually, I found that the Wiki's Standard Phaser Array damage tables come "closer" to what I'm getting as in-game stats for the Retrofit arrays that I scarfed off of the Tier 1 C-store Connies and tossed on my Gal-X while I'm working on a full set of [Borg] arrays...

As I stand in Quark's bar and look up my ship equipment page:

Phaser Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg] = 215 damage (172 DPS)
Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank [CrtH] = 205 damage (164 DPS)

Wiki chart I'm referencing has the Mk XI at 210 damage, Mk X at 200. Since neither beam has a [Dam] modifier, they should both be working on "base" stats. If my skills (or the Gal-X) are giving me a +5 damage boost, than this confirms that the Retrofit banks top off at Mk X. Passable while seeking out decent Mk XI or XII gear...

Also remember that there's the scaling blue beams off the C-store Connie, and a "marked" retrofit bank from a mission reward (one of the Devidian series, IIRC). Seems to me that they use slightly different damage tables, as the Wiki has "fixed" Mk XIs doing less damage than mine are doing.
If you will check the "Tier Infinity" section of this page, you will see this:

Quote:
Looking at the table of Marks and Ranks above, generally the quality of these items will be better than the lower mark level, for your rank, but not as good as the higher mark level of your rank.
Emphasis mine. That's why you will find the scaled Retrofits are slightly better than Mk Xs, but slightly worse than Mk XIs. It appears that the level scaling items are based off of the scaled reward loot tables, which only stop at Mk XI for VAs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrelli
Question says it all, what's better ? The MKXII stuff or things that scale .. Ferengi rockets blue phasers ect
a blue weapon that doesn't scale with a mk number will have two special ablties , either ACC, CRTH, CRTD or DMG improving the type of damage a weapon does or its chance to hit, a purple weaon will have three of them and a green only one

a blue scaling weapon with the infinity sign, will have one of those abilities and the other will be the fact that the weapon grows "with you"...

so if you are only able to use mk VII weapons and you have a blue Mk VII and a scaing weapon fthe same type, the Mk weapon will typically do more damage; the blue scaling weapon is functionally a "green" weapon with "scaling"

but you will have to replace the weapon blue mk VII as you increase level.... so it "costs more" in terms of resources in game

as a rule typically i try and use "leveling" weapons up to level cap and then switch to Mk'd weapons later in game as increase difficulty settings or for STF or PVP
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Depends. The scaleable sit in about the halfway point between MK levels. At endgame, MK12 tends to be the best (until they raise the character level cap). Mk 11 is about on par, and scaleable is certainly better than Mk 10.