Lt. Commander
# 21
04-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
I notice the extra regen when fighting borg in Elite STF's... their Tachyon beams routinely drained all shields, followed by big 80k+ plasma torp criticals. Shield base regen rates are directly multiplied by EPtS, so high base regen shields recover much faster than low versions. Once I switched from MACO to Omega, I immediately noticed Omega's better sustained damage mitigation in a prolonged fire-fight. MACO can survive bigger single hits but has problems recovering after all shield facings are drained.

I have maxxed flow capacitors, and I only see -10 energy drain per weapon in the current patch (used to be -37). In all honesty, Tetryon Glider did need the nerf since it applied its effect to all shield facings each hit (easily adding more than +74 DPS vs. shields per energy weapon present).

No, all weapon cooldowns remain the same, but the 5% power recharge level does increase DPS ever so slightly after the initial shot, but the net gain is quite small. Omega's shield drain effect adds a lot more total DPS.
I will need to grind some more for the prototype engines and shields. I just got the mk xii MACO shields and deflector dish. I don't usually have that much problem in Elite STF, as long as I attack the cube's blind spots (above and below the cubes). Do you also find the Omega shields more useful in PvP?

As for the power recharge, I had thought that it increase the recovery rate of my power levels initially. But, then I noticed that, when I open the abilities window and hover over each ability, the cool down was shorter than it should be (usually by about 2 seconds). I'm not sure what caused this, so I had guessed that maybe it was the MACO 2-piece set.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
According to a Dev post regarding the MACO set when it first came out, the 2-piece set bonus is supposed to reduce cooldowns on all Bridge Officer abilities by 5%. I don't yet have a matching deflector for my shield, so I can't test it directly though.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post
According to a Dev post regarding the MACO set when it first came out, the 2-piece set bonus is supposed to reduce cooldowns on all Bridge Officer abilities by 5%. I don't yet have a matching deflector for my shield, so I can't test it directly though.
MACO's current description reads as follows:

Quote:
Set 2: Magnetoplasma Relays

Passive
+5% Power Recharge Speed
+15 Starship Power Insulators
I thought that "power recharge speed" referred to ship system energy levels since the text description did not mention any bridge officer abilities. Compare this to the DOFF "Horatio," which specifically mentions "Bridge Officer power recharges reduced by 10%" in http://www.stowiki.org/Horatio

Any Devs reading this available to clarify?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
just read the thread
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, unlike you, I don't have time to sit in front of the computer all day and read posts, some of us have busy lives to live :p.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, unlike you, I don't have time to sit in front of the computer all day and read posts, some of us have busy lives to live :p.
Wait if you don't have time to read it, how is anyone ever going to answer you. Seriously it takes 5 minutes to read the whole thread.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-25-2012, 12:14 AM
it would be nice if they would add a maco/HG and omega console so you can have 2 peice of all 3 sets think of the possibilities /drool
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
This thread had not even 10 posts and the answer to your question was like two posts above your own. If your life is so busy that you can't even read a couple posts talking about your very question you shouldn't be using a forum
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
This thread had not even 10 posts and the answer to your question was like two posts above your own. If your life is so busy that you can't even read a couple posts talking about your very question you shouldn't be using a forum
lmao, are you going to stop me. :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
it would be nice if they would add a maco/HG and omega console so you can have 2 peice of all 3 sets think of the possibilities /drool
that would be cool but I think the devs don't want her to be a overpowered ship. Hopefully she will be on pair with the 2409 ships e.g. Odyssey Class.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks again guys! I am now the proud owner of the following loadout:

1 x Borg Console
1 x Borg Assimilated Engine
1 x Borg Deflector
1 x Mk XII MACO Shield
4 x Mk XII Anti-Proton Beam Array
1 x Mk XI Anti-Proton Beam Array (Still collecting the salvage for the complete Mk XII weapons set)
1 x Mk XI Anti-Proton DBB (Same Here)
2 x Mk XI Quantums

I'm sure it's probably my imagination, but I do seem to do better in the few STFs I've tried with this loadout so far. I definitely feel I can better hold off the Borg one two punch that had previously left me listing and venting to space.

You've certainly made my crew happier. ;-)

Capt Matt Decker