Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
04-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Well, finally managed to obtain/purchase some MACO gear - namely the shield and the engine.

Have therefore kept my Borg deflector and console, and have fitted my Intrepid Retro with the MACO shield and engine. Haven't played it with this setup yet though, and debating whether to swap the Borg engine back, so that the MACO shield is the only piece of MACO gear I'd be running.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52 Aegis set acquired
04-30-2012, 07:49 AM
well i finally got what i needed to complete the Aegis set. i don't hear a lot of good about that set or notice it being used that much, but i like it.

cosmetically it looks great. it seems to increase my defense. i'm still learning the game though so really could not advise for or against this set.

for what it is worth i have excess maco and omega shields i would like to trade for maco/omega deflectors and engines. i play as miksell (rdm1958) if you are interested in trading.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
04-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958
well i finally got what i needed to complete the Aegis set. i don't hear a lot of good about that set or notice it being used that much, but i like it.

cosmetically it looks great. it seems to increase my defense. i'm still learning the game though so really could not advise for or against this set.

for what it is worth i have excess maco and omega shields i would like to trade for maco/omega deflectors and engines. i play as miksell (rdm1958) if you are interested in trading.
They are Bound.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54 trading
04-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
They are Bound.
well crap. now with borg missions so difficult and stingy it will take forever to get another set. thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958
well i finally got what i needed to complete the Aegis set. i don't hear a lot of good about that set or notice it being used that much, but i like it.

cosmetically it looks great. it seems to increase my defense. i'm still learning the game though so really could not advise for or against this set.

for what it is worth i have excess maco and omega shields i would like to trade for maco/omega deflectors and engines. i play as miksell (rdm1958) if you are interested in trading.

I've been using my old aegis set on my shuttle... works great for the vault event.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56 Jem'Hadar & Breen
04-30-2012, 08:21 AM
would like to hear your opinion about these sets. personally i think the Breen set is pretty weak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
04-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
The above only assumes base shield regen rates. Omega's numbers rise dramatically with EPtS, which I run two of for non-stop enhanced recharge rotation. Against borg torpedoes, MACO only gains a 5% damage resistance bonus -- all other damage mitigation is ignored since borg hax torps are kinetic based. This is probably why I can run zero defense DOFF's and ship hull armors, yet survive with only zero to 2 deaths per match when I'm careless. Lastly, with tactical team up, 4 x 221 = 884, yielding effective shield regeneration rate of 147 / second. Compare this to 101 / second for MACO, and you see a near-50% shield recovery advantage in favor of Omega. Yes, MACO will repel single big hits better, but most elite STF's deal with lots of little damage from multiple sources as opposed to big hits, and the latter can be avoided just by flying directly above / below tactical cubes.
You mentioned before in a reply to my comment that the MACO shields rely heavily on shield buffs. Sounds like you're using shield buffs anyways for your Omega.

Even still, I rarely die in elite STFs with my 2-piece MACO + Omega engines set.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
You mentioned before in a reply to my comment that the MACO shields rely heavily on shield buffs. Sounds like you're using shield buffs anyways for your Omega.
If you are not using shield buffs, then you're not maximizing your ship's combat survivability. Escorts only get about 5 total engineer + sci BO slots to augment shields and hull. I personally run EPtS1 + 2 and Sci Team1 -- this is sufficient to run Omega shields without compromising sustained combat staying power. However, MACO does not have the recharge rates needed to support the above -- its recharge rate is simply too low, even when backed by EPtS1 + 2 in my builds. Other shield support combinations are possible, but I haven't seen any work as well as two EPtS instances in non-stop rotation. Many MACO users usually add Transfer Shield Strength and Reverse Shield Polarity to help with shield strength recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
Even still, I rarely die in elite STFs with my 2-piece MACO + Omega engines set.
I can see the above to be true if you are not generating top threat (hence not taking as much incoming weapon fire), especially from tac cubes. With Tetryon Glider and TS2 + TS3, I easily grab main threat all the time. The high / low firing angle trick works well at preventing the 1-shot kill, and with AP-Beta3, I usually hold agro the entire fight so long as I avoid the close-range tractor beam. This helps minimize deaths of other team mates.

In KASE, my build typically reduces 1 gate to 5% solo while the other team pair is still working on transformers. Its damage output is very high thanks to TS2, TS3, AP-Beta3, Tetryon Glider, and Tractor-Beam-Repulsors (used when things get hairy). 2-Set Omega Tetryon Glider adds good DPS vs shields, while the 2-set borg proc also helps with avoiding deaths, thereby minimizing subsystem damage / injuries. A tuned escort should be dealing high damage while surviving, and Tetryon-Glider based ships have a significant DPS advantage vs non-TG builds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
05-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
If you are not using shield buffs, then you're not maximizing your ship's combat survivability. Escorts only get about 5 total engineer + sci BO slots to augment shields and hull. I personally run EPtS1 + 2 and Sci Team1 -- this is sufficient to run Omega shields without compromising sustained combat staying power. However, MACO does not have the recharge rates needed to support the above -- its recharge rate is simply too low, even when backed by EPtS1 + 2 in my builds. Other shield support combinations are possible, but I haven't seen any work as well as two EPtS instances in non-stop rotation. Many MACO users usually add Transfer Shield Strength and Reverse Shield Polarity to help with shield strength recovery.



I can see the above to be true if you are not generating top threat (hence not taking as much incoming weapon fire), especially from tac cubes. With Tetryon Glider and TS2 + TS3, I easily grab main threat all the time. The high / low firing angle trick works well at preventing the 1-shot kill, and with AP-Beta3, I usually hold agro the entire fight so long as I avoid the close-range tractor beam. This helps minimize deaths of other team mates.

In KASE, my build typically reduces 1 gate to 5% solo while the other team pair is still working on transformers. Its damage output is very high thanks to TS2, TS3, AP-Beta3, Tetryon Glider, and Tractor-Beam-Repulsors (used when things get hairy). 2-Set Omega Tetryon Glider adds good DPS vs shields, while the 2-set borg proc also helps with avoiding deaths, thereby minimizing subsystem damage / injuries. A tuned escort should be dealing high damage while surviving, and Tetryon-Glider based ships have a significant DPS advantage vs non-TG builds.
I''m strongly considering going three-piece Omega. Only have the engine for the moment, which I think is fantatsic.

Tried a few variations, and replaced Borg engine with MACO, then Omega, but then lost the shield regen benefit from having three of the four Borg pieces.

Currently running Borg Deflector, Borg Console, Borg Engine & MACO shield, but have to admit that I am not that impressed with it - it's good, but can't decide if I'd be better off with the full four-piece Borg set. As I said, will likely try for full Omega set.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
I''m strongly considering going three-piece Omega. Only have the engine for the moment, which I think is fantatsic.

Tried a few variations, and replaced Borg engine with MACO, then Omega, but then lost the shield regen benefit from having three of the four Borg pieces.

Currently running Borg Deflector, Borg Console, Borg Engine & MACO shield, but have to admit that I am not that impressed with it - it's good, but can't decide if I'd be better off with the full four-piece Borg set. As I said, will likely try for full Omega set.
I have 3 Omega pieces. The 2-item tetryon glider bonus is quite nice, but the 3-item Gravitic Anchor didn't seem as useful as the 2-item borg set auto-hull regen in elite STF's. It probably works well in PVP, though I'm not sure if AP-Omega breaks Gravitic Anchor's effect.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.