Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Sure they can...the two in "First Contact" just got killed before they could adapt to the gunfire.
How would they adapt to bullets? The only way they could is more armor, which isn't something that can appear on the fly .

The Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle is a good one, mainly because primary and secondary fire deal different damage types, allowing you to continue firing after they adapt to one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
How would they adapt to bullets? The only way they could is more armor, which isn't something that can appear on the fly .
I'm pretty sure bullets are only dangerous due to kinetic energy. So if the Borg could adapt to that energy, the bullets would have no effect against their force fields.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Considering the fact that the Borg never adapt to kinetic energy from grenades, bombs, mines and that Target pre-order rifle, I don't think they'd adapt to a good old single action army.

Edit: although, now that I think about it, didn't a Borg drone adapt to Worf trying to bullrush him?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure bullets are only dangerous due to kinetic energy. So if the Borg could adapt to that energy, the bullets would have no effect against their force fields.
That's... kinda like saying they can adapt to a klingon swinging a Bat'leth at their face.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
You can't "adapt" to "kinetic energy". There are no voodoo "wavelengths" or "frequencies" you could "remodulate" to. If Borg could adapt to kinetic energy they could also adapt to being stabbed with something sharp or having their skull bashed in. Or to having a rock dropped on them. And that is just retarted.

And even speaking in game mechanis, as Kalavier points out, they don't adapt to mines or being hit with your rifle butt. Because you cannot adapt to that. Because if you apply enough force, their stupid space zombie skulls pop. End of story.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2012, 05:26 AM
I seriously think they should have a special edition Anti-Borg Replicated Tommy-gun. 150 kinetic damage. can fire 40 rounds before needing to be reloaded.

Pew Pew Pew!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13
I seriously think they should have a special edition Anti-Borg Replicated Tommy-gun. 150 kinetic damage. can fire 40 rounds before needing to be reloaded.

Pew Pew Pew!!!

If they did that they wouldn't be able to annoy us to hell and back by forcing us to remodulate like our grandpappy did OVER FOURTY YEARS AGO.

Yes, I think it's dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
If they did that they wouldn't be able to annoy us to hell and back by forcing us to remodulate like our grandpappy did OVER FOURTY YEARS AGO.

Yes, I think it's dumb.
Grandpappy didn't have a gadget he could point at his weapon, push a button, and be back in the fight in a matter of seconds. He had to run for his damn life to find a safe spot to pull the weapon apart and monkey with a bunch of tools while the Borg ran roughshod over everything he was supposed to protect.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I imagine you'd have to carry a significant amount of ammo for a standard ground STF.

Reloading would be the same as remodulating I reckon.

Some of them have personal shields (not the adaptive shields they all have), which would deflect bullets?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.
One data point is not enough to draw a conclusion. What if the Borg *can* adapt to bullets? We wouldn't know since Picard didn't use a gun enough times.
Closed Thread