Lt. Commander
I don't mind playing in STF PUG groups. Infact, that is about the only way I can play them. What frustrates me to no end is when a rather cavalier player goes in, guns blazing, thinking they know what they are doing, mess up the group's strategy and timming, then ask for help AND THEN DON"T LISTEN.

STF space missions are similar to space Fleet Actions now. (sad, since fleet actions were a great stepping stone, and are now empty unless you have a team that meets for one). THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR GROUND. Ground missions MUST have coordination on par with a good PvP team. If you can't do this, you have no business playing STFs. Khitomer is the easiest to accomplish with nearly minimal teamwork. The Cure Ground is the hardest, and well coordinated teamwork IS A MUST!

Again, I am happy to train how players on how to complete the missions. I will often ask before hand if anyon has done the mission before (especially for Khitomer as that will factor into helping players get the hidden accolade "Assimilated" and the associated Borg Bridge Officer). But it is when said player refuse to listen that I highly consider taking the STF penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I don't mind playing in STF PUG groups. Infact, that is about the only way I can play them. What frustrates me to no end is when a rather cavalier player goes in, guns blazing, thinking they know what they are doing, mess up the group's strategy and timming, then ask for help AND THEN DON"T LISTEN.

STF space missions are similar to space Fleet Actions now. (sad, since fleet actions were a great stepping stone, and are now empty unless you have a team that meets for one). THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR GROUND. Ground missions MUST have coordination on par with a good PvP team. If you can't do this, you have no business playing STFs. Khitomer is the easiest to accomplish with nearly minimal teamwork. The Cure Ground is the hardest, and well coordinated teamwork IS A MUST!

Again, I am happy to train how players on how to complete the missions. I will often ask before hand if anyon has done the mission before (especially for Khitomer as that will factor into helping players get the hidden accolade "Assimilated" and the associated Borg Bridge Officer). But it is when said player refuse to listen that I highly consider taking the STF penalty.
Respectfully, there is a rule you yourself could benefit from taking to heart.

"It's not what you say, but how you say it."

This includes having patience. People don't respond well to being told, in ALL CAPS, "YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO LISTEN."

In fact, it's a great way of achieving the exact opposite. They are more likely to ignore you rather than take your considered opinion onboard.

And even if you didn't tell them such things, in such direct terms - remember that people tend to read typed criticism in their angriest possible head-voice, even when no such malice was intended in the original message. Try using less passive-aggressive tactics, and you might find people are more receptive.

Have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Well, thanks for offering to teach us newbies. I will take your advice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Brief them before you start
or go with the flow

Remember their plan MIGHT be better than yours
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Try playing Khitomer accords ground with one play constantly lowering the node sheilds while the rest of the team is still trying to clear the big room.

Or trying to lower the consol shield in the Boss room of Infected while three or more players are aggroing everything in the room. You will get frustrated very quickly.

I am VERY tolerant.....up to a point. I will stick with a group until two or more players just quit. It is still possible to complete the missions with four. But three or fewer is incredibly difficult. After spending up to two hours jacking with premadonas, I get very frustrated bnecause that is two hours that could have been spent doing something else.

To those players who do listen and pay attention, I thank you for being good followers. You make it rewarding to teach the nuances of STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Respectfully, there is a rule you yourself could benefit from taking to heart.

"It's not what you say, but how you say it."

This includes having patience. People don't respond well to being told, in ALL CAPS, "YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO LISTEN."

In fact, it's a great way of achieving the exact opposite. They are more likely to ignore you rather than take your considered opinion onboard.

And even if you didn't tell them such things, in such direct terms - remember that people tend to read typed criticism in their angriest possible head-voice, even when no such malice was intended in the original message. Try using less passive-aggressive tactics, and you might find people are more receptive.

Have a nice day.
/signed and resigned
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Not tried most of these yet (even on Normal)
but there is no such thing as a mission with only ONE correct method.

What we need is an option to do these without a team and without time limits

THEN people can learn
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
What we need is an option to do these without a team and without time limits
This. The AI of my BOs is smarter than the typical PuG player.

Of course that doesn't address the general godmoding tendancies of the NPCs in the STFs, but at least I'd have a fighting chance of clearing a ground mission once in a while.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I refuse to play grounds because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
well said I ran into i think a troll in infected where player went off hit other gen I asked him what he was doing typical responce ignored

I was doing cure new norm with 4 flagships hit all 3 cubes hmm how did that work out we lost opption
becareful of pugs in new flagships they think they have top ship that it will make them better

pugs spec your ship properly with repulse and heal abilites
and get proper ground kits and weapons

like he said on cure and infected ground team work is crucial
I won't keep riving you if you die a bunch of times and if you dot return favur when you forget me