Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to add powers to tray
04-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I'm unable to add any powers (character or BOFF) onto my tray. I have checked the skills list (P) and the tray is not locked. This is happening on all my Fed and KDF characters. It started happening on Sunday. I thought it was just a lag on my end, but it doesn't look like it anymore.

Any suggestions?

*Edit - looks like it's a bug when you're Sector space as it works OK when you're in a system
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I have more or less issues with my action bars, I use three bars. Sometimes I cannot add a power to a particular position on the action bar. When I log off and in again everything works fine again.

Also, sometimes my action bars do not work at all, clicking with the mouse or hitting the key, the character just doesn't respond. However my character responds to all other keys, movement, holster weapon etc. only 1, 2 ... etc do not work.

So, from time to time, action bars seems to be buggy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Happens all the time on my fed tac toon.

However after you beam down surface (ds9 will do) and then beam back up, I'm able to drag powers around. Though I do sometimes have a "dead spot" on toolbar and nothing can be dragged into it, not from boffs slots, not from the general skill tab.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 07:54 AM
I ran into this last night and several friends of mine, who had the same problem told me to log out then shut down the game, then restart. i did and everything worked fine after that.
Lt. Commander
# 5 same here!
04-27-2012, 03:46 AM
hi!

ive got the same bug happening all the time. when i try to rearange my tray keys
sometimes its like blocked... what i found out that helps is; just switch your tray
to 1 line and back to 3 lines again, after that it will work again!

greetz
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 04:01 AM
I had the same problem and found a fix that worked for me.

Collapse the tray to the Default 1 row, then expand it again to 2, 3, or 4 rows.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I had the same problem and found a fix that worked for me.

Collapse the tray to the Default 1 row, then expand it again to 2, 3, or 4 rows.
as this problem seems to occur at leas once a month (if not more) for me, I shall remember your advice! cheers hun!

Also, on a slightly similar note, does any-one elses tray icons just randomly rearrange themselves? I accepted a challenge from a random player yesterday, and when we got into the briar patch, my icons were all mesed up, some had even gone entirely! I was told that this happens randomly to most players, but I'd feel better knowing if it's happened to any of you guys too? Sorry the the "kinda" Hijack!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki_Noodles
as this problem seems to occur at leas once a month (if not more) for me, I shall remember your advice! cheers hun!

Also, on a slightly similar note, does any-one elses tray icons just randomly rearrange themselves? I accepted a challenge from a random player yesterday, and when we got into the briar patch, my icons were all mesed up, some had even gone entirely! I was told that this happens randomly to most players, but I'd feel better knowing if it's happened to any of you guys too? Sorry the the "kinda" Hijack!
Yeah I have had powers drop off the tray on many occasions.

I think you need to drag the power on the tray, then drag it off to clear the issue. Then place the power again finally. I think this fixes it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks hun, I shall bear this in mind!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 05:38 AM
This has only just recently started happening to me as well. Really annoying.

The collapse to 1 row and then back to 2 or 3 does work, although it tends to loose some icons each time and you have to replace them.