Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta
I put cross faction on top.

Simply because I want a BoP or a Raptor on my Fed.
I did too. My rationale is that I'd prefer the bulk of dev effort be available for the bulk of players or at least the bulk of players willing to spend a modest amount of money.
Cross faction KDF/Starfleet ships make sense to me as very rare items and yet remain available in their appropriate context for most players.

Nobody is locked out of them but people who want to buck norms can use them.

Maybe include off duty Kirk/Spock looks from The Voyage Home as rare costumes. I'd rather that uniforms and clothes worn by generic background folk be readily available but I'm fine with very specific, non-uniform options being lockbox. For reference's sake, that would mean that I think Ferengi coats and DS9/Voyager uniforms should be accessible and affordable to most players but I'd have had no problem with Seven of Nine's outfit being lockbox.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 12:04 PM
none of the options ...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Sorry Nagus, but I just can't bring myself to vote for any of these.

I can't envision myself sticking around for more than one more lock box fiasco. The only things that would keep me would be a stellar Season 6 and/or an ability to toggle off the lock box drops so I do not see them or get nagged to pick them up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
(1) OTHER : Please , something we don't expect. Defari frigate sounds great. Hirogen ships sound great, I honestly would be most happy if it wasn't even a T5 . make it a T2 or 3 ship , I know that doesn't appeal to end game, but make it a merchant ship , or a personal yacht type, maybe some kind of cool shuttle.

(2) Breen : Sure, I can see it. I wouldn't give a rat's pajamas about getting one, but I can see the appeal for some folks. With the Breen Boff and all

(3) Cross Faction : I echo the reasons of Kirian Darkstar on this one. But I still wouldn't want one.

THATS My top 3
(4) Romulan and Reman : I dont really want these. I dont wan the proof that the idea of such a faction is truly dead. But this makes more sense than ...

(5) Borg : There is no reasoning or sense behind this choice at all. it is a profoundly ridiculous idea to have a Borg ship as a Player ship. But .. even more ridiculous is ...

(6) a T5 Constitution Class : The original series Constitution Class , as a T5 vessel made to compete with other T5 vessels like the MVAE or the Odyssey, or the Defiant ? Can I haz Mk XII Blue Pew Pew Phasers too please , and Mk XII Type 2 hand phasers and , etc etc ad nauseum. We have a Constitution Class in game. we have 2 actually. If you want to play with the centuries old ship , please do so. But do it in lower level story missions or take it on Awesome foundry missions. We do not need a T5 Connie. Silliest choice on the whole entire list. Which is why it will probably happen.

I actually LOVE your list , Nagus. In your future, where one of these is our lockbox, I will never be tempted to play the boxes again. Unless they do the defari frigate, or a personal yacht type thing. or a merchant ship. Those 3. Any of those 3 would be tempting.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
none of the options ...
same here
not going to bother to vote since I can't honestly express my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The forum rules are stickied at the top of the forum and your browser should have a find function to allow you to search for the word "poll".
Why not just answer his question or take leaf our of your own book and ignore it like you tell people to do if they are not happy with things you post?

He may not know the rules and yes, maybe he should look at the forum rules, but being a complete (insert any word you want here because you understand) doesn't help anyone.

By simply stating lockboxes "it's here to stay", doesn't mean you have to create polls for things that people are finding repugnant in STO.

And yes, before you answer with your usual same old responses, I will answer them first. Yes, I could have simply not looked at this post and yes I don't have to vote, but I chose to respond to the this thread, as all your doing is basically saying that lock boxes are okay so what would we like to see. If your not okay with Lock boxes, then no way would you want to even suggest what they should put in them, or what the "community wants", because it's not what they put in them that's the problem, its the whole lock boxes that are the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Chose other.

What about no more lockboxes from now on?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomance
off topic stuff
Thanks for the bump
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thanks for the bump
*spurts coffee all over keyboard*
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Gazer
Chose other.

What about no more lockboxes from now on?
That is what I chose as well. I could care less what comes up in the next lockbox, but it would be great if they'd disappear for good......