Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I did hear that part of the interview, but unfortunately it sounds like you dont really have any ETA on what that will happen. I know you said 3-4 months, but as you said it has already been approximately 3 months and you have no idea where the next set is. So while that sounds good in theory, until it actually starts happening the issue is not resolved.

That said, I have to ask why must there always be an exclusive random drop set? Why not have both the random drops *and* let that set be super expensive in the store at the same time? That allows people to get lucky drops and also allows the unlucky people to not have to wait on something which there is not even a current ETA on.
Indeed. Maybe Mr. Stahl could actually answer this question?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
This is good and fine Gozer, but why do you just ignoring the possibility to add an additional way of using Rare Prototype as a barter option for the sets too?
Two Words...

EGO - (as in... My Way or the Highway)

&

MONEY - (the longer you have to play to get them, the more likely you'll be to spend cash on the game at some point.)

Your choice as to which one is the more prevalent reason.

<shrug>
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Good news all around for players it seems. Glad to see you get the job done, Gozer. Looking forward to those changes post-s6!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Id say that each Mk XII set part should sell for 90 EDC if they ever go into the STF store.

I like the Stoked interview on the subject, it had a lot of good question and answers.

Like other have already said it would be nice if players were give a better idea when to expect when our older Mk XII sets are to be added to the STF vender shop.

To the best of my recollection Ive run over 600 Elite STF runs combined over my seven characters and I have yet to get a complete Elite Mk XII space or ground set with any of them, each toon is missing at least one part.

It would be nice if I was able to buy the one part that I needed for my Characters.

Itd be cool if we could trade in some of our rare Borg tech for proto Borg tech, my banks are beginning to fill up with all the rare Borg tech drops that I have now use for.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Please give me an option to exchange excess Tech and Salvage into EDC.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This is exactly what I said would be happening in the interview. When new cosmetic variants of the three sets are made available to me I will put the current ones in the store. The new ones would then be the only ones that you can only get from drops.

There will always be at least one set that is only available on Elite and only available as a drop. This will not change. As a player you will have a choice, play now and hope that you get your drops for the current high end set.

Or, Save up EDC's and wait for that set to show up on the STF store.
So what this translates to me, we don't care about all the negative feedback on it, grind or don't get it. Sorry that is how I read it. and how I have read it, which is WHY I won't do the grind. I don't find that fun. which is what I got the game for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I did hear that part of the interview, but unfortunately it sounds like you dont really have any ETA on when that will happen. I know you said 3-4 months, but as you said it has already been approximately 3 months and you have no idea where the next set is. So while that sounds good in theory, until it actually starts happening the issue is not resolved.

That said, I have to ask why must there always be an exclusive random drop set? Why not have both the random drops *and* let that set be super expensive in the store at the same time? That allows people to get lucky drops and also allows the unlucky people to not have to wait on something which there is not even a current ETA on.
I do find it funny that 3 months ago we were told the same thing that we got from the interview, its coming. Sounds like another "intent" to me. Which along with all the others have turned out to be very little, sorry but its how I feel and how CRYPTIC made me feel.

I agree TGN in the "why" but I think I know why, They have to have something, anything to keep us here and this (to me) is a desperate attempt to do so. The end game is so rife with issues that its not funny, badly needed fixes are "in the pipeline" but we put in changes that hinge on the fixes immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
The two choices you outlined above require the exact same activity.

To save up, for a currently unknown and yet to be announced, amount of EDCs requires to players to run an indeterminable (to the player) number of STFs.

To play now and hope you get your drops also requires players to to run an indeterminable (to the player) number of STFs.
Yep it is, Grind, or grind, either way, if you want it, you have to put up with an insane, grind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
I think the reason this issue keeps popping up is because most players seem to dislike the non-deterministic method of loot acquisition - which is compounded by specific STFs dropping specific Prototech with no method of trading in duplicates of said Prototech for another you've been unable to acquire.

I think many players fundamentally disagree with the concept that rarity gated through random loot makes it special.
I would very much prefer things like the special objectives of STFs to be expanded on with achievement of said objectives leading to either an increased drop chance teamwide, or a separate earn-able currency that would allow us to collect and spend in conjunction with EDCs to purchase the MK XII sets.
Make it hard, make it challenging, make us earn it through skill as opposed to random luck.
Well given the history of how feedback goes around here, its not a surprise at all that they haven't listened to a word of it. They appear through their actions, to not care, no matter how many times we've been told otherwise, Actions do speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
This is good and fine Gozer, but why do you just ignoring the possibility to add an additional way of using Rare Prototype as a barter option for the sets too?
In my opinion given HOW he said it won't change nothing will ever change it, because well, from appearance at least to me, thats how THEY want it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
now are we talking about just different ground visuals moving down when new hotness comes out or are we talking about new sets, besides the current maco, omega and KHG?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkzland View Post
Good news all around for players it seems. Glad to see you get the job done, Gozer. Looking forward to those changes post-s6!
That's like ... the end of 2012. Why bother thinking that far ahead? You'll be tired of grinding by then.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
This is what I am doing I have about 350 EDC's just stacked up and waiting for the mk xii gear because I have no luck.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
This is exactly what I said would be happening in the interview. When new cosmetic variants of the three sets are made available to me I will put the current ones in the store. The new ones would then be the only ones that you can only get from drops.

There will always be at least one set that is only available on Elite and only available as a drop. This will not change. As a player you will have a choice, play now and hope that you get your drops for the current high end set.

how would that work ? :S The uniform is unlocked via getting all 3 peices or the optional accolades.

do you mean like when the level cap raises to 60 the XII set will go in the store for EDC and then if a XIII set exists it will become the new grinder ? :S