Lt. Commander
# 211
05-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes_7 View Post
I'm at 234 ground STFs and have four ground proto drops so does that make me lucky , no.

What it means if you do enough you get the gear.

Really for those of us who spent hours in the grind how fair is it to sell the gear for 60, 70, or even 100 data chips.

I think no matter what a few people would complain and expect something for nothing anyway.

Those who post complaints are in the smallest group because the majority of people don't read the forums.

Because if they did ever pug group would get optional every time and every complaint would just go away.

Work work work for it, don't rant rant rant for it.
Yes and there people that gotten the set with less then 40 runs. Guess that ok with you.
Lt. Commander
# 212
05-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes_7 View Post
I'm at 234 ground STFs and have four ground proto drops so does that make me lucky , no.

What it means if you do enough you get the gear.

Really for those of us who spent hours in the grind how fair is it to sell the gear for 60, 70, or even 100 data chips.
Let's try some simple math.

Your 4 Prototech pieces at 100 EDCs = 400 EDCs @2 EDCs per ETSF = 200 ESTFs.

So, only 34 less than you did.

Yes, I do in fact think that would be fair to you, me and the rest of the hamsters running endlessly on this treadmill.

I'm also pretty confident that the people who have run 500 runs or more without prototech, with their scrooge mcduck mega EDC hoards would be pretty happy to be able to buy the items they want.
Lt. Commander
# 213
05-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I'll never understand people who want to be the unique snowflake. If and whenever I get my last piece (hopefully sometime this week) I couldn't care less about how many people have it after me. The point is that I got it. They could sell the set for 1 EDC and I wouldn't complain. If anything it just lets me have an easier time gearing my alts.

What does make me mad though is having someone be carried through a dozen runs and get a complete set. While I work my butt off and get nothing in return. It's not even about a visual thing either. It's the fact that I got two Mk XII pieces and without a third I can't get the full set bonus. So I have to waste a slot in my inventory everytime I need to remodulate.

It's also insulting at how unrewarding ground elite missions are if you never get the full Mk XII set. The 'loot' is a joke. Nothing is ever in any high demand for the exchange and the items vendor for poor prices(Purples for 3k vendor or 80k exchange, blues for 2k vendor and 2k exchange). At least in space I can vendor something for 50k, or sell something easily for 300k EC on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 214
05-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Added to the pile, but already lost interest. Clearly no one at Cryptic reads these forums or gives a **** about what they read if they do.
Lt. Commander
# 215
05-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Actually Gozer was quite active in this thread until he'd had enough people giving him ideas on how to change something he didn't want to change.

Personally i wouldn't mind if they either added a way to upgrade like they did with the reman set, or at least transfer to other characters on my account. I have enough to outfit several ships and such but no where to put it since my main's ships are good to go and i really don't want to take my alts through another 200 runs for a "chance" at the prototype.
Lt. Commander
# 216
05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
Personally i wouldn't mind if they either added a way to upgrade like they did with the reman set, or at least transfer to other characters on my account. I have enough to outfit several ships and such but no where to put it since my main's ships are good to go and i really don't want to take my alts through another 200 runs for a "chance" at the prototype.
+1

Wasn't there talk of a "inter toon" bank? Where you can pass gear between alts?
Would be good if that included protogear and other bound items generally.
Lt. Commander
# 217
05-28-2012, 11:41 PM
103 Ground Elite STFs and not one MK XII Techdrop! Its a shame.Only reason playing that game is getting the gear atm!
No Content,No Balancing and now NO Drops. PLS tell me why should i play this game anymore!!!
Lt. Commander
# 218
05-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Now I am usually all on board with the poo-poo drop rates.

But

Try this..

Google.... "Bad Drop Rates"

Poop loads of other games have the same issue, like someone said here.. its to keep us playing. And hey, STO isnt even in the first 5 pages. ( all i checked )

It sucks , and probably should just be a reward for completing the STF like 500-1,000 times, but our complaining wont help.

Do you really want another .00000002% increase? lol or whatever miniscule percentage it was.
Lt. Commander
# 219
05-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Actually Gozer was quite active in this thread until he'd had enough people giving him ideas on how to change something he didn't want to change.

yeah the only cool thing about the vault event was the upgrade mechanic of the gear.

on normal you get the MK X tech drops. On the next difficulty, i call it advanced, 10 rare salvage can be used to upgrade your MK X shield, deflector, engine. Bonus objective reached rewards 1 rare salvage to every grp member...but no extra loot to roll for.
those 2 difficulties can be pugged.

Reintroducing the old STF's as the elite version (ground and space together)...takes a grp about 1h to 1h 30 min to complete but award you with 1 prototype salvage (special event days 2). Can only be done once every 20 hours (daily)
Cannot be pugged only premade can do those. IOW you need a full grp before you start them.

every difficulty rewards EDC, which can be traded only for rare salvage or MK X tech. (DOFFs and dilithium too)

I know, this would never be even considered by cryptic, but it's still fun to think about it, when the current system is just stupid and endlessly dull.

rare salvage and prototype salvage still is used to buy weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 220
06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Now I am usually all on board with the poo-poo drop rates.

But

Try this..

Google.... "Bad Drop Rates"

Poop loads of other games have the same issue, like someone said here.. its to keep us playing. And hey, STO isnt even in the first 5 pages. ( all i checked )
And your point is if other games have something people dont like that STO should too?