Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
•Starbases will not be simply “social” zones, there will be “stuff” to do there
•Season 6 “leaks” from BranFlakes:
•Current ETA is mid-June
•Fleet Starbases
•New ground invasion – Tholians?
•New 5 person events
•New 20 person events (kicked off from your starbase)
•Starbase construction missions
•Initial PvP overhaul work
•Updated Foundry toolset
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Gozer's (paraphrasing) "Tough luck if you never get a MKXII Proto Tech drop" response was a tad offputting.

He indicated that the MKXII was intended to be there for people who really went the whole hog on STFs, investing hours upon hours in doing them, but then says that due to the mechanics involved (roll that percentile! have another bash at the STF slot machine!) you may never get them, even if you run thousands.

That doesn't quite gel with the intended outcome.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Great episode and interview. I'm very happy to hear that Gozer is now in charge of PvP and really looking forward to seeing the changes he makes. That said, while I was listening to the discussion about STF loot drops, it seems like such an obvious solution would be to put the super rare gear in the STF store for super high prices but *also* keep the random drops. That way people can still get lucky, but the incredibly unlucky people can also get their gear.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 02:18 PM
im suprised no one is commenting on the starbases and tholian stuff mentioned
Lt. Commander
# 15 Say No To Time Gated Content
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323
I agree with his assessment of the Time-Gated Vault. VERY MUCH SO.
Totally Agree

I've said it since the Defera Invasion first launched that Cryptic and STO are in no position to be dictating to players when they should be logging on to play.

This game has seen very little additional content from Cryptic in the last year, and the content we have received has either been; late (The 2800 featured series), Time-Restricted (Deferra Invasion, Vault Shuttle), or temporary/Intermittent (Winter wonderland, Utopia Planitia, Hearts and Minds). Even worse, is that content has been removed from the game! (DS9 Fleet Action, Terradome)

The Foundry has helped counter this lack of official content, with very talented members of the community making some great missions. But I can't help feeling this has allowed Cryptic to become complacent in releasing additional content (especially story focused content).

Yes, we all know Cryptic has been through major transitions and changes in the past year, hence the lack of content. If it weren't for the foundry, podcasts, patience of the community, and that this is a Star Trek game, this game would probably be dead. But this only emphasizes the fact that what content they can release should have maximum accessibility.

When you consider that there is now more entertainment available to us than one person could ever consume in their lifetime, and that we now live in an on-demand society. Where TiVo/Hulu/Neflix have freed us from TV scheduling, Podcasts have freed us from radio schedules. The only reason people now tune in at specific times is because they choose to.

That Cryptic feels it can now release content and dictate when we can play it, after the previous year, and the sheer number of on-demand alternatives available, is bordering on arrogance/stupidity.

T L D R; Cryptics' in no position to be dictating when content should be played. We live in an on-demand society, with entertainments in abundance.

PS; Revamped Fleet Actions, STFs, and Remastered Missions cannot be considered additional content, because you are taking X away to replace it with Y.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I found the insight into the STF drops very interesting and am guessing that although it sounds like the Maco, Omega and Honour Guard costumes will be coming to the cstore we'll still need to grind for existing Elite Commander accolades to get the costume upgrades on top of owning the three Mk XII bits.

I hope if this is the case you can give the costumes to Boffs as well.

I can see this game turning into Tron though with everyone and their mate running around in Maco gear.

Tholian ground mission sounds interesting and am really looking forward to the star bases aspect of the game.

PvP sounded really interesting as well, looking forward to seeing that take shape and over the moon about new foundry stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Wolf
I found the insight into the STF drops very interesting and am guessing that although it sounds like the Maco, Omega and Honour Guard costumes will be coming to the cstore
No, I think you misunderstood. When new variants get rotated in, the previous ones will appear in the STF gear store for chips instead of only prototype tech.

There is more than one "store".
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vykorprime
a failed optional is really not worth getting angry about.
Agreed. Though it begs the question of if anything is worth getting angry about.

/looks at my signature

Yeah, well, ok. :p

#trekworldproblems
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
- Loot Table Answer did not make sense. I don't want you to grind a 1000, so random loot drop? I get not wanting people to do just one and then bam! Never play them again. But at least give us an alternative to getting them other than relying on random chance, which from a player perspective is a worse change than getting stuck by lightning at the same as a bus hits you and a shark bites off your shoulder. Which is slightly better than a lockbox ship don't know if it's really that bad, but the number of STF playthroughs people are going through just to get one is ridiculous. I don't know how many times I've heard this request either on the forums or in game. Nobody likes the random loot drop for Mark 12. Glad to hear it won't be like that forever though at least for the current sets, sad to hear it will applied to future sets. Yes people get them, but it being hit or miss to begin with is wrong. Period. End of story. I'd rather grind, than leave it up to chance, but your "Probability" means I get to grind AND leave it up to random chance.
Also you're right I might as well stick it out. And then just sit there and wait for it to end. The timer doesn't really reward good gameplay though since there is no reward for good gameplay still. The only thing you miss out on is the optional which is a loot bags, who's 3 (sometimes 2) contents are assigned by random chance, and then divided by 5 players.....wow that's so worth it!

- Glad to hear a Horde Mode is being worked on for season 6

- 4028 ground map? Heck yeah!

- PvP update? Heck yeah!

- Gated Events? Still a joke!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I was amused when he claims that the new death penalty timer is meant to increase the fun. I don't find much fun in being penalized. I also don't find it fun to be in a team that's handicapped by a player that's on extended death. If I was into that kind of "fun" I would just pour hot wax on my eyeballs.