Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I have been running around with this build for awhile now... I debated adding it to my escort thread... its not really an escort however. This is more of a fun build... that shockingly works better then you would expect. LOL

B'Rel Torp Boat
Playstyle - Cloaked ALL the time. Stay cloaked. If you are decloaked pop EPTS to cover you till you can recloak.

Jam Sensors 1 - Hazards 2 - Gravity Well 1 - Tractor Beam Repulsors 3
Tactical Team 1 - High Yield 2 - High Yield 3
Emergency Power to Shields 1 - Aux to Dampeners 1
Sci Team 1 - Polarized Hull 2

Weapon Load out
3 x Transphasic Torpedos. 1 Breen Cluster Torp
2 x Transphasic Mines

3 X Neut Armours
Borg Unit 2 x Partical Gens
3 x Transphasic Compressors

Borg Deflector
Klingon Honour Guard Shield
Klingon Honour Guard Engine
(This gives you the KHG 2 piece torp dmg increase... and the 2 piece borg hull heal)

Power Settings
25 - Weapons
25 - Shields
50 - Engines
100 - Aux

Doffs....
3 x Torp Doffs
2 x Hazard doffs... they give you dmg resist with brace for impact.

NOTES

TBR is going to push like crazy and you will be visable for the duration. This is NOT intended to be your dmg skill... its a protection skill that will push people 10k away at 125 aux... so use it that way push them away and stay hidden.

Bind your torps to a fire key (don't use fire all) so you can control your Breen Torp... with 3 Transphasic dmg units the dmg is very nice... people will not expect to be getting hit with 5-7k Clustor mine strikes... I have seen one rack up 40k in dmg with a string of crits... its crazy. (Must be fired from cloak for that type of dmg)

STAY CLOAKED... you get a nice DMG boost from cloak. You also gain a massive boost to your defense rating. The key to staying alive is Rocking 3 skills.... Aux to Damp... Hazards... and P. Hull. You can roll them and keep one up ALL the time... that + your Defense Rating from Cloak + the Armour + the Borg Hull heal... you will be happy to see a shield is not really that big a deal.

JAM sensors... USE it wisely... you don't want to be tractored... or SCIed out of cloak if you can help it... JAM the sci ships. lol

Pick on the Silly RSP 3 cruisers... and have a good laugh when after 20 seconds (assuming no one else is on them) there shield is still down.

STF Varient.... (3 quantums 1 Tric... 2 Quantum Launchers and Quantum Dmg Units)
Have you thought of switching your tac and sci, to add apo3/apb3/apd3 drop gw & use tbr2? Sounds like you want the repel over damage anyway. In this case use Grav Sci console instead of Part Gen?

Also, w/the Tac console changes recently you can't boost torps & mines w/the same console except the generic kinetics. In this case you may want a peng or 2, in case the cruisers are laying their own mines? Or use cront mines for speed debuff?

All that said, looks like a fun build.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Have you thought of switching your tac and sci, to add apo3/apb3/apd3 drop gw & use tbr2? Sounds like you want the repel over damage anyway. In this case use Grav Sci console instead of Part Gen?

Also, w/the Tac console changes recently you can't boost torps & mines w/the same console except the generic kinetics. In this case you may want a peng or 2, in case the cruisers are laying their own mines? Or use cront mines for speed debuff?

All that said, looks like a fun build.
No if you use transphasic dmg types they do effect both torps and mines. Its the warhead unit and the one that effects mines that doesn't effect both. (which I will say is really really dumb) So as long as you use everything the same your golden.

Pengs interfere with cool downs to be honest... 3 of any type of torp is pefect with 3 Purple Torp Doffs... even with high cool down crons... 3 will spit 1 per global (1 sec) almost perfectly. As one proc effects all tubes. The Doff Procs also lower the cool down on the high cool down torps (breen and Tric) meaning that the breen torp with this build will have an effect cool down of around 20 sec... the Tric around 30 sec or so.

ya the grav units instead of pulse gens isn't a bad idea. I put the dmg ones in cause honestly sometimes if there is only one or two targets and there down to 20-30% range I will flip it on to finish them. In general though ya I just use to to push someone that has a sensor scan up or has managed to see me some how... zip there 10k away and I am in the opposite direction.

I have tested every type of torp I could think of.... Plasma sucks... Photon and quantum are good for stfs... or matches where my team has lots of canon firepower and shields are dropping often.

Chrons... I have used them when I got a bad pug. If my team has no DPS and the other team is healing... I found pushing one target out a bit with tbr and then spamming crons was semi effective.

In general this build is hit and miss for sure... teams that are sci heavy counter the build easier. (not many of those anymore thanks cryptic lol) Teams that are cruiser heavy are torp boat bait though... cruisers running 2 copies of RSP make me smile so wide when I am in this ship. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I have tested every type of torp I could think of.... Plasma sucks... Photon and quantum are good for stfs... or matches where my team has lots of canon firepower and shields are dropping often.
What's your opinion on plasma mines, at least? I accidentally evasived into that big square net pattern and had my hull ripped to shreds by the ensuing fires while my HE was on cooldown.

The difficulty is Hazard Emitters I guess, most people seem to take that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
What's your opinion on plasma mines, at least? I accidentally evasived into that big square net pattern and had my hull ripped to shreds by the ensuing fires while my HE was on cooldown.

The difficulty is Hazard Emitters I guess, most people seem to take that.
Yep that's about it... the mines are fantastic. They are one of the higher dmg mines. The Torps blow chunks. The base dmg is to low... the burn is great and all but its easily cleared. If they didn't have the HY plasma... and just spat regular High Yield Patterns... I think my opinion on them would change a bit. Really though spread plasma will never kill anyone... and HY plasma will never land.

If you could buff plasma mines and still run buffed quantums you would be set I guess.

I have run Plasma with this build in STFs and in that respec there not bad... the borg rarely shoot down the HY plasmas... and the mine dots and torp dots stack. I think overall you are still far better off with quantums vs the borg... still the plasma is fun for a change anyway. (and cheap enough to play around with)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-25-2012, 01:14 AM
it never senses to amaze me how creative and clever these brel builds can get. they cant outsmart my acc3 cannons though :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Have you thought about incorporating Chronitons for the Proc effect off of HY?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it never senses to amaze me how creative and clever these brel builds can get. they cant outsmart my acc3 cannons though :p
135% defense rating... with 60 or so resist to everthing... ya +30 acc isn't all that big a deal.

Ya serious like though... guys like you get jammed...or pushed out 12k while I finish of the RSP cruiser your teamed with. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Have you thought about incorporating Chronitons for the Proc effect off of HY?
I have tested the crons.... they work but don't do any killing. Good team build though. Playing with friends I threw 3 Crons on for awhile, they where happy to have perma proced targets.

I try not to mix torp types with this build cause it relies on racking the dmg as high as possible. Using the Honour Guard + 3 Torp Units + Staying cloaked gives my torps all the dmg I can muster. Quantums end up around 8k unbuffed.... killing people with torps alone still requires a massive investment in them. I am pretty much of the mind now that for a torp boat to work you have to Commit to them in a big way. The phasics basicly don't work unless you do... fully committed I get them over 5k unbuffed at that point I can spam them and kill people with nothing else.

Having said that using crone mines only might not be a big deal... its not like the mines do much dmg anyway. Of course with 3 dmg units I do see the odd impressive string of crits out of them... still loosing 30% dmg on them to gain the proc might be worth it.... might be worth a few test runs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
No if you use transphasic dmg types they do effect both torps and mines. Its the warhead unit and the one that effects mines that doesn't effect both. (which I will say is really really dumb) So as long as you use everything the same your golden.

Pengs interfere with cool downs to be honest... 3 of any type of torp is pefect with 3 Purple Torp Doffs... even with high cool down crons... 3 will spit 1 per global (1 sec) almost perfectly. As one proc effects all tubes. The Doff Procs also lower the cool down on the high cool down torps (breen and Tric) meaning that the breen torp with this build will have an effect cool down of around 20 sec... the Tric around 30 sec or so.

ya the grav units instead of pulse gens isn't a bad idea. I put the dmg ones in cause honestly sometimes if there is only one or two targets and there down to 20-30% range I will flip it on to finish them. In general though ya I just use to to push someone that has a sensor scan up or has managed to see me some how... zip there 10k away and I am in the opposite direction.

I have tested every type of torp I could think of.... Plasma sucks... Photon and quantum are good for stfs... or matches where my team has lots of canon firepower and shields are dropping often.

Chrons... I have used them when I got a bad pug. If my team has no DPS and the other team is healing... I found pushing one target out a bit with tbr and then spamming crons was semi effective.

In general this build is hit and miss for sure... teams that are sci heavy counter the build easier. (not many of those anymore thanks cryptic lol) Teams that are cruiser heavy are torp boat bait though... cruisers running 2 copies of RSP make me smile so wide when I am in this ship. lol
Didn't realize transphasic mines worked like that ...

Still, I'd look into using an Attack pattern and dropping GW given how easy it is to get away from. The AP would boost damage of Torps and TBR and can be used while cloaked & w/Cap Tac Ability pop quickly enough. But, you would lose some repel though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Didn't realize transphasic mines worked like that ...

Still, I'd look into using an Attack pattern and dropping GW given how easy it is to get away from. The AP would boost damage of Torps and TBR and can be used while cloaked & w/Cap Tac Ability pop quickly enough. But, you would lose some repel though.
Indeed not a bad suggestion at all... to be perfectly honest I kept the GW on for running STFs... I should likely setup a GW 3 + TBR 2 and Omega 3 Boff so I can switch to PvP and PvE mode. Its one more escape as well... Tractor beams are the only real pain and P. Hull isn't always up as I rock it for defense. Good suggestion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 PM.