Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Nice direction to take things, but ultimately useless unless better processes exist to bring playing foundry missions into the mainstream of the game.

Not simply by wrapper, or spotlight but through adopting hundreds of existing missions and applying them as part of the official stream (or through random encounter). In my opinion at least.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the honor and the mention of my mission.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
NIcely done on the trailer...
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird_7
What mission is the screenshot / thumbnail on the blog entry from? The one that appears on the main sites news feed?
If you mean the caps at the end of the post, its not a mission but simply a map I created just for the screencap purpose.

for note its a custom space map, with some background manipulation

planet class m 07
planet class d 04
planet class y 11

you can manipulate the background of the space from the 'root' of the map, give this a gander on what I mean
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...s-of-rigel-iv/
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks for the honor and the mention of my mission.
Honestly Return to Terra Nova is a great example of foundry building (the Ziggurat) canonical story tie in and proof that things don't always have to be shot in the face to succeed.

So thank you for writing it so I had something to feature
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Nice direction to take things, but ultimately useless unless better processes exist to bring playing foundry missions into the mainstream of the game.

Not simply by wrapper, or spotlight but through adopting hundreds of existing missions and applying them as part of the official stream (or through random encounter). In my opinion at least.
Correct. Foundry will absolutely never take off as true "content" in this redheaded stepchild role it's occupied since it launched.

Given that it's the whole point of the Foundry, it's been rendered quite pointless except as a curious toy for the truly bored. There are far more productive ways (err at least in game terms) to spend one's time in STO. It just doesn't matter where it counts.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
NIcely done on the trailer...
Whenever the demo record issues get straightened out, cerberusfilms has also been working on a machinima project using the foundry called Reunion
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

One of the larger issues with this sadly is the fact that missions aren't 'modular' where you can pull them out of the foundry and plug them into the regular game. if there was a way to do it and allow the original author to modify them, that would be the best.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Honestly Return to Terra Nova is a great example of foundry building (the Ziggurat) canonical story tie in and proof that things don't always have to be shot in the face to succeed.

So thank you for writing it so I had something to feature
I'm also very proud of the community for doing almost all of this without any of my knowledge. Although I'm a little worried about traffic stats, if startrek.com links, it makes me very, very proud that so much of the site is run independently by the community.

It's kind of amazing. I created this website and now I just suddenly realize: "Hey, there is a new podcast associated with this website." "Wow, there's going to be a featured episode by the site I created."

It's so awesome that the site is user generated. Thank you to Cerb, PF, and everyone else who makes that possible.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Correct. Foundry will absolutely never take off as true "content" in this redheaded stepchild role it's occupied since it launched.

Given that it's the whole point of the Foundry, it's been rendered quite pointless except as a curious toy for the truly bored. There are far more productive ways (err at least in game terms) to spend one's time in STO. It just doesn't matter where it counts.
What would make it count for you? XP? Shinies?