Captain
# 201
09-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussbridgeburner View Post
i remember having useless CS encounters again and again...dont even know what made me expect different results now...

basically fictional made my day, though
All you need to do is refile your CS ticket and explain the situation again.

As far as Character Slots, there's probably a lot more going on there then you know. For example, the game does not give you generic Slots any more. It gives you assigned slots: 1 Fed and 1 KDF - if you're Gold you get 1 Fed, 1 KDF, and 1 generic.

If you were Gold prior to FTP and had 3 Fed characters and returned as Silver technically the game should delete 2 of those characters, but it doesn't. It lets you keep them, but when you buy new Character Slots it assigns those illegal character to the slots. So in this situation it's possible to buy 2 Character Slots and have all your Fed Slots filled, but it would still let you make KDF characters.

So it's a little more complicated then just buying Slots. But keep after Support and they will get back to you. I've filed over a dozen tickets since FTP and I eventually get things resolved.
Ensign
# 202
09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
All you need to do is refile your CS ticket and explain the situation again.

As far as Character Slots, there's probably a lot more going on there then you know. For example, the game does not give you generic Slots any more. It gives you assigned slots: 1 Fed and 1 KDF - if you're Gold you get 1 Fed, 1 KDF, and 1 generic.

If you were Gold prior to FTP and had 3 Fed characters and returned as Silver technically the game should delete 2 of those characters, but it doesn't. It lets you keep them, but when you buy new Character Slots it assigns those illegal character to the slots. So in this situation it's possible to buy 2 Character Slots and have all your Fed Slots filled, but it would still let you make KDF characters.

So it's a little more complicated then just buying Slots. But keep after Support and they will get back to you. I've filed over a dozen tickets since FTP and I eventually get things resolved.
of course i updated the ticket and explained again before i started venting on the forums. i do not doubt that this situation is going to be resolved, i have just been furious about running into problems again virtually minutes after i put money into this game again and getting a useless reply telling me there's nothing wrong with the amount of doff slots i got when i clearly stated it was about character slots.
Ensign
I've never had to contact the support team at any point but since i now want to buy some Zen for my account i have to.

Even though my Cryptic account had/has been linked with a Perfect World account, i am having issues as my STO character and server does not show up.
And to make matters worse, whenever i click the link for ticket support or contact us, the website throws up redirection errors on both.
This both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This issue has been happening for the past couple of weeks and it's obvious that it's not going to go away so what are my options now?
Should i create a ticket in game?
Community Moderator
# 204
09-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomerlywarner View Post
I've never had to contact the support team at any point but since i now want to buy some Zen for my account i have to.

Even though my Cryptic account had/has been linked with a Perfect World account, i am having issues as my STO character and server does not show up.
And to make matters worse, whenever i click the link for ticket support or contact us, the website throws up redirection errors on both.
This both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This issue has been happening for the past couple of weeks and it's obvious that it's not going to go away so what are my options now?
Should i create a ticket in game?
You can or you can e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com from the e-mail the account is bound to
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 205
09-28-2012, 06:20 AM
The redirect error is probably because you're using goggle chrome. PW's sites are very flash/java heavy and this interferes with chrome's internal flash system. Chrome has a lot of issues because many people's computers have Flash double-installed and this causes chrome to crash - especially while watching videos.

If you try logging in using another browser the redirect should disappear and Support should work fine for you. The email also works fine, though.
Career Officer
# 206
09-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The redirect error is probably because you're using goggle chrome. PW's sites are very flash/java heavy and this interferes with chrome's internal flash system. Chrome has a lot of issues because many people's computers have Flash double-installed and this causes chrome to crash - especially while watching videos.
I don't have Google Chrome, though still have the exact same problem. I'm using Firefox.
Lieutenant
# 207 Ticket system broken?
09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Ok i have created two in game tickets for support but it doesn't show up in game when i look.
Is it broken?

I want to have my main characters tactical initiative sorted. It used to work fine, but it stopped working and it still works fine on my other character

Its meant to work every 3 mins, but it only works every other time I use it, making it work only every 6 mins.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 208
09-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhelmet View Post
Ok i have created two in game tickets for support but it doesn't show up in game when i look.
Is it broken?

I want to have my main characters tactical initiative sorted. It used to work fine, but it stopped working and it still works fine on my other character

Its meant to work every 3 mins, but it only works every other time I use it, making it work only every 6 mins.
If you've submitted a bug report, it gets sent to QA and is not viewable in the tickets area. If you've submitted a GM ticket, it should still show. Please refer to the first post in this thread for more information

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 209
09-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you've submitted a bug report, it gets sent to QA and is not viewable in the tickets area. If you've submitted a GM ticket, it should still show. Please refer to the first post in this thread for more information
I can get into the Support Home page, but the moment I click on Contact Us I get back a falied page notification telling me the page hasn't displayed correctly.

I'm using Firefox (15.0.1), though to be fair I wouldn't have thought Firefox the problem. I've never had trouble before, though the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access that page. Can't think of anything I've changed/added/deleted to make it a problem for me either.
Captain
# 210
09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I can get into the Support Home page, but the moment I click on Contact Us I get back a falied page notification telling me the page hasn't displayed correctly.

I'm using Firefox (15.0.1), though to be fair I wouldn't have thought Firefox the problem. I've never had trouble before, though the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access that page. Can't think of anything I've changed/added/deleted to make it a problem for me either.
Same here, just when I wanted to pick the sub offer which failed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
You can or you can e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com from the e-mail the account is bound to
Thank you!
Closed Thread