Career Officer
Hello STO community,

Has anyone experienced a less than satisfactory customer service from Cryptic's support/customer relations team? Things such as no response to some of your tickets, or responses that direct you/"pawn you off" to the forums with NO specific area to search under for your issue? How about NO clear indication or explaination to why they made a certain decision that concerns you? Perhaps when when you do get a response, is it vague and does not answer your issue or inquiry? Or here's an extreme, have you ever been THREATENED by cryptic that you will punished for attempting to demand clarification from them on a previous vague and unclear response? Or maybe someone has other 'unique' issues.

I had requested help on issues of how to gain admin proviledges on a player made channel, it was just a simple question. The unfortunate situation was where the creator of the private channel left the game due to real life reasons and myself and friends want to manage it in his absence. The response I received, was basically a link to goto the forums and that was it. No one actually wrote me back with a brief but clear response to my concern. You don't feel that sense, that someone took the time make that individual connection to you to make your issue seem relevant to them, basics of customer service, which I've been doing over 10 years.

If no one 'minds', would you care to share your experiences on this issue?
THE POWER OF KRATOS!!!

Last edited by kronplah78; 02-22-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 302
02-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Empire Veteran
# 303
02-22-2013, 02:22 PM
yeah. never heard of bad costumer service from cryptic. ever.
Even when they were with atari they didn't even bother to have bad CS.

Must be an off day for them.
Maybe a year from today it will be a "one year anniversay" of the one day cryptic couldn't do CS to save their lives.
Captain
# 304
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
What's going on here? An attempt at a coup d'etat!

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Super Moderator
# 305
02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm going to point out that this is a topic fraught with potential forum rules violations.

Posting Private Correspondence
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
  • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
  • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Please consider the forum rules before posting, and don't be surprised if we have to lock the thread.

~Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 306
02-22-2013, 04:23 PM
*Not gonna touch this one today.*
Captain
# 307
02-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronplah78 View Post
Hello STO community,

Has anyone experienced a less than satisfactory customer service from Cryptic's support/customer relations team? Things such as no response to some of your tickets, or responses that direct you/"pawn you off" to the forums with NO specific area to search under for your issue? How about NO clear indication or explaination to why they made a certain decision that concerns you? Perhaps when when you do get a response, is it vague and does not answer your issue or inquiry? Or here's an extreme, have you ever been THREATENED by cryptic that you will punished for attempting to demand clarification from them on a previous vague and unclear response? Or maybe someone has other 'unique' issues.

I had requested help on issues of how to gain admin proviledges on a player made channel, it was just a simple question. The unfortunate situation was where the creator of the private channel left the game due to real life reasons and myself and friends want to manage it in his absence. The response I received, was basically a link to goto the forums and that was it. No one actually wrote me back with a brief but clear response to my concern. You don't feel that sense, that someone took the time make that individual connection to you to make your issue seem relevant to them, basics of customer service, which I've been doing over 10 years.

If no one 'minds', would you care to share your experiences on this issue?
All I will say is, yes. Yes I have. I have rarely seen customer service as bad as I have seen here, though it was some time ago, to be fair.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Ensign
# 308
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
well, as it's now running into 5 days without a response to my ticket, raised due to my illiteracy with numerics and no commas in the sale price window on the exchange, i think i'd agree.......am resigning myself to the "pawned off" reply though, as it's not winning me over, this customer service...

*edit*
1 week....

Last edited by fudge1975; 02-25-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 309
02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge1975 View Post
well, as it's now running into 5 days without a response to my ticket, raised due to my illiteracy with numerics and no commas in the sale price window on the exchange, i think i'd agree.......am resigning myself to the "pawned off" reply though, as it's not winning me over, this customer service...

*edit*
1 week....
Only 1 week? Hmph! I've only ever had one response come in under 9 days, which was a request to get a 24hr chat ban looked at as I was a victim of rick-rollers.

Most tickets I put in don't even get looked at, they just vanish. Ones that do get responded too tend to take a minimum of 14 days to be looked at by the "GMs", some of which can take a full month to be looked at.

Short version? The GM system as it stands, does not inspire any faith or confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'm going to point out that this is a topic fraught with potential forum rules violations.

Posting Private Correspondence
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
  • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
  • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Please consider the forum rules
~Bluegeek
Is it okay to give a short summary of any response received from a GM? Giving the meaning of a response rather than a word for word quote. Is that covered under the "no PMs in public" rule?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes

Last edited by bluegeek; 02-25-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Removed "paraphrase" from GM
Super Moderator
# 310
02-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Is it okay to give a short summary of any response received from a GM? Giving the meaning of a response rather than a word for word quote. Is that covered under the "no PMs in public" rule?
Erring on the side of caution, I'm going to say that it is not permissible to quote or to paraphrase any response received from Cryptic/PWE. If your problem isn't getting resolved, I suppose you can say that much on the forums and PWE can follow up on that if they so choose.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread