Survivor of Romulus
# 41 NOT IMPRESSED by GMs
07-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I have been watching my wife try to deal with the GMs for over two weeks now, regarding ONE SIMPLE ISSUE, and become more and more frustrated with the lack of intelligence, never mind adequate response, on the part of the GM who responded (I will refrain from naming the GM, because I suspect that if I DO name the GM, I'll get banned).

The issue?

Very simply, when do Gold Account benefits begin happening for a new subscriber? She upgraded from Free to Gold when her character was a Commander. Given that the account FAQ DOES NOT explain what benefits you accrue at what levels, she was understandably frustrated when she reached Captain and HAD NOT SEEN any benefits from her Gold account.

Well, now she has reached Rear Admiral, Upper Half, and STILL has not seen ANY benefits from her Gold account. No additional inventory or bank slots, no additional boff or doff slots, NOTHING.

When she filed a ticket, explaining this very problem (which I assisted her with, so that it was explained JUST AS CLEARLY AS IT IS IN THIS POST), the response was "Gold benefits are not applied retroactively".

SHE DID NOT ASK FOR RETROACTIVE BENEFITS. She asked when her Gold benefits will BEGIN to take effect. HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE?

Seriously, are there ANY standards that GMs have to meet before they're turned loose on the customers?
Empire Veteran
# 42
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
GM respones are automated, more-or-less, due to sheer volume of tickets. And automated isn't really that smart to begin with.

But either way, tickets are not your way to go; because they rarely answer, trying to work on the issue instead of wasting time on a response. If you want a detailed answer, try the forums instead.

Plus, unofficially, Cryptic doesn't have much more than the most basic GM support, due to the fact they're already overbooked with the game itself. They want to, and try to when they can, but the game itself is more important than responding to tickets.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 43
07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
GM respones are automated, more-or-less, due to sheer volume of tickets. And automated isn't really that smart to begin with.

But either way, tickets are not your way to go; because they rarely answer, trying to work on the issue instead of wasting time on a response. If you want a detailed answer, try the forums instead.

Plus, unofficially, Cryptic doesn't have much more than the most basic GM support, due to the fact they're already overbooked with the game itself. They want to, and try to when they can, but the game itself is more important than responding to tickets.
And then get re-directed to "file a ticket" as a response? Please...

If it were a decently run company, they would have a support hotline (phone) which one can contact, as well as a LIVE Chat support. Currently, I see neither of these for anything involving Perfect World or their fleet of games.

Ordinarily, if you change your account status, I would assume the benefits would appear if you log out, and then log back in. Most visibly, would be a sudden increase of inventory space. If that doesn't help, perhaps achieving the next rank would.

In any case, best bet is to try and get a hold of SOMEONE in customer support, to fix this issue. You're paying money for something you're not getting.
Republic Veteran
# 44
07-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Typical MMO GMs. It seems that they are not monitored and do not have their interactions checked by supervisors or the supervisors don't care either.

Last edited by angelsilhouette; 07-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 45
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet... that new Camaro is pretty sharp, and the Cadillacs have always been top notch.

Republic Veteran
# 46
07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet... that new Camaro is pretty sharp, and the Cadillacs have always been top notch.

Hah, I love my Camaro, but the blindspots are scary huge and the reversing sensors go into panic mode if a leaf blows behind me while I'm reversing (so you don't know if some little kid has just ridden his bike behind you or if you've just encountered a weed sticking up through the pavement.)

But that's just picking nits, I think. It really is an amazing car. :3
Captain
# 47
07-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Just to clarify, did she purchase slots previously when she was a free to play player? If so, I wonder if that's what they're looking at when they say not retroactive.

I do recall discussion about slots not showing up unless you log out and relog back in but I;m assuming that that doesn't apply here since we're talking about over a weeks time.

But yes, it does sound screwed up.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 48
07-02-2012, 08:37 PM
There are GMs? When did this happen? Will Champions Online get some soon?

And while I'm asking, will they be called DMs in Neverwinter? Because they should be.
# 49
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
There are GMs? When did this happen?
They're the ones answering bug reports and telling you that you need to fill out a bug report.

Right....

I;m never going to get my foundry slots, am I?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Republic Veteran
# 50
07-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet...
I don't. Most recent GM I drove had the side airbags deploy while driving down the interstate.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.

Last edited by commadorebob; 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread