Ensign
# 761
01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
I like how the simplest solutions to the immediate problems never get done.

Get stuck in mission advancement - ADVANCE THE ******NED MISSION.

Click click done.

But no, they tell you file a bug report.

What about the ******ned character thats stuck until the global fix?

As it stands you cannot advance in the tutorial past a certain step due to a bug. Just fricken advance us. Easy and done.
Support is utterly atrocious. I just had this same problem in game and a GM not only said it was "a bug" however closed the ticket without a solution. This is a shining example of horrible customer support and this ticket should never have been closed until it was resolved.

Frankly the whole customer support situation is a joke. Tickets should not ever under no circumstance be closed by customer support. It is a sure way to anger your customers. It's financially stupid.

I refuse to pay for this level of support. I was on 6 month subscriptions, now I am un-subscribed, was a 400 day subscriber. No more.
Lieutenant
# 762
01-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Hello, I have a possible solution for those that are having an issue logging in. When it gets stuck, you need to right click on the star trek icon and run as administratior. Upon the log in screen, click OPTIONS. When you get there, UNCHECK on Demand Patching. Then CHECK Force Verify. This ensures the patch contains all the latest things. It also prevents you from being kicked due to a patch load.

When the screen comes up, if you still crash sign onto the forum and repeat the process. It works. I had to let the patch fully update when it reloaded on the force verify. It was missing dills and hoggs and texture files important to the upload past the load screen. This resolved my issue. The only other option is a little more technically advanced which I can teach you but you need to try this first and then tell me what happens. I had to do this when the tribble crashes were happening and I let all the forum know in my posts. I don't post often and when I do it is usually a solution or suggestion to help gameplay if I can help with my at home tech tries. If I stumble on a fix, I say how to do it. The point is to get more people enjoying the game and less griping. Noone wants to go to a forum designed for solutions to wade through the numerous people telling us why they left.

I am here to tell you that it will get better, if you left before they fixed the bugs, you may want to come back. They have been improving alot. I am happy they did it better than WOW. I am still waiting on a ticket from 3 years ago in WOW about not being able to sign on and play. That is why I am here. They responded as soon as they could. All games have problems and glitches. As a player of many MMOs.... I can tell you that I am happy I got an auto reply instead of just a blank form letter telling me I placed my ticket wrong. Did you stop to think maybe they get 3,000 tickets an hour and how many of them are repeated tickets? Would you want to wade through that only to get yelled at that you didn't do it fast enough?

Yet you all sit and say we need to learn patience. *shaking head* if you were a little more forgiving you could get farther in the game. i know it is hard, but think of the dev being away from his family all hours of the day to do what you ask and you sit and do this for enjoyment, you could at least say thank you when they fix something needed. They also have to triage the problems... is it gamebreaking if you can't change a uniform?

THAT is a prime example of why they are here and they are answering you but they aren't responding to harsh or trolling comments. i would not respond to an adult temper tantrum either. It doesn't help that they are doing the best they can and you all joke about it. I dare you all to give yourself an hour to take care of 3000 2to3 year old children all needing attention at once. That is the closest you are getting to the level of stress they deal with daily. if you ever saw the movie Shrek where Fiona says she is pregnant and the nightmare Shrek has of all the babies crawling and whining and doing everything, that is a day in the life of a dev. That is the glitches and reports they get.

Do you think you could do it better?IF SO, APPLY to take a shot and get it better. They need help or they wouldn't have available spots. just saying, if you think you can go for it! I would give you the same credit if you did.
Ensign
# 763
01-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Why is it that your servers are cutting out every few mins its frustrating and this needs to be addressed it been happening way to long..
Ensign
# 764
01-28-2014, 02:30 PM
I have been playing this game for years now... Please address this issue..
Ensign
# 765 Can't leave trade chat
02-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Guys just need some help I joined a custom chat channel named >Trade< and for some reason I can't leave it. Does anyone know how to leave because when I open the chat channels I can see it and when I click the leave option nothing happens, also when I right click on the chat bar I can't see the Trade channel.

PLZ HELP
Career Officer
# 766
02-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I have been a lifetime subscriber since release and was looking at getting back into the game because of the anniversary event.

When I want to post questions about getting back into the game I get
"Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it."

How long do I have to wait to make a thread? I mean, I figured 4 years of being subscribed to the game would be enough...
Career Officer
please add a few more instances back so i can free up my 2 toons in limbo
Survivor of Romulus
ok how do I add a picture of my avatar or bridge officer or duty officer in edit your avatar do you take a screen shot and make it just show your face and achievements?

also how do you get a picture and some words under your post after you write it and a different picture?

do you have to rewrite it every time you post something or does it automatically show up and if it does auto show up how do you add it?

could someone answer by step by step please
Community Moderator
# 769
02-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainskyblade View Post
ok how do I add a picture of my avatar or bridge officer or duty officer in edit your avatar do you take a screen shot and make it just show your face and achievements?

also how do you get a picture and some words under your post after you write it and a different picture?

do you have to rewrite it every time you post something or does it automatically show up and if it does auto show up how do you add it?

could someone answer by step by step please
Changing an avatar is up to you. There are a few you can choose from in the list or you can take a screenshot, crop it and such to show what you want and upload it

The signature option is located in the User CP along with avatars, private messages (not in game ones) and a few other things
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me on Twitter or G+
Ensign
# 770 i am done
02-22-2014, 09:49 PM
i have tried and tried to get star trek to run, all i get is music and a black screen..... after wasteing time downloading a 2 hr patch..... i have lost patients, if you want people to play this game, fix it.