Lt. Commander
this IS the right forum, as far as I can tell. Anyway.

I recently hit Rear Admiral, and I've come to notice that Odysseys are becoming more and more common. Thing is, they all have the exact same model. I can understand WHY, all of the endgame ships (Retrofits, the Dreadnought, etc.) are C-store only and the Odyssey is presumably as good a choice as any.

my main thing is, aside from a few minor effects from equipment sets, they all look the same. So now, when STO used to be known for everyone having a unique ship design, everyon in the endgame is flying the exact same cruiser. This made sense back when the Odyssey was a limited item you could only get from a specific mission, but now everyone can get one from the C-store.

does anyone know if there will be more ship parts for the odyssey any time soon, or does Cryptic plan to keep it the same?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Some variants would be nice for a change of scenery, though I love the current Odyssey the way it is. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I certainly hope so.

I'm in agreement with the Vulcan, in that I love how she looks right now. But... It's time for a change, and I'd love to be able to get those nacelles on something a little more sturdy-looking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm all for it, IMO it was pretty lazy to just put the same model as Tac, Sci, Eng cruisers on the c-store and only make them look slightly different by the terrible paint jobs (paint jobs must die!). If the same hull can offer everything, why did Starfleet even have different hulls in the past?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 01:57 AM
I did suggest putting a different appearance for each Odyssey variant to promote a 'modular configurable' sort of look, back before the Odyssey pack was on the c-store. It would be better value for money to be able to customize the ship, and it would make distinction between individual Odysseys.

That suggestion was shot down in short order.

Thus, all Odysseys look identical today