Lt. Commander
# 1 Curious Bug?
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Myself and another user here on the forums noticed an odd bug in the "Reassign Uncommon Duty Officers" mission on Starfleet Academy: The Andorian/Tellarite/Vulcan/Human officers giving these missions will now only accept Civilians for these missions.

I'm actively looking to "upgrade" on one of my toons to all blue Doffs and found that these missions would be of great help as they'd be able to eat all my green Doffs and spit back several blue Doffs in return!

I'm not sure if this falls into the category of something that Heretic would want to look at, but I figured that since I enjoy Doffing so much it would be wise to let him know of a situation like this!

Anyone else notice this bug at all?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2012, 02:33 AM
I used the compactor yesterday, and had no issue with it only taking 1 type....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately, I did, but it was only with the compactor for uncommon (green) officers and it was a bit vexing. I hope Heretic can look into this and locate this bug!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I have not encountered this either - but I did have an odd experience last night when I selected Active Ground, it showed me my entire doff crew, and when I selected entire crew it showed me the Active Ground.

Restarting my client fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
I have noticed some occasional behavior where the UI is not displaying the correct duty officers, but the replicating conditions for the behavior are still sketchy. We're trying to nail it down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Hey Heretic, I really appreciate you replying to this thread, but I'm unsure if your post answered my original post at all. Are you looking into the issue that I mentioned as well? Let me know if you need anymore info on it!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 12:15 AM
This usually occurs if you just ran a munching sessions, and are running the same assignment again.

When you run the 2nd munch, you are not shown any available doff's in your roster

However if you click one of the empty assignment spots on the right (where you would put the doff you wanna munch), this refresh's the roster display, and all the relevant doff's appear.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Since we're talking about UI, I've found that when I need resolve officers, the UI is CONVINCED that I have one fewer than I actually have. For the console activation, for instance, it flags a warning triangle next to two of the slots, telling me I've only got three officers that will match this criteria.

I in fact had four, and my engineer had no issue suggesting for the fourth despite that ! triangle beside it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
This usually occurs if you just ran a munching sessions, and are running the same assignment again.

When you run the 2nd munch, you are not shown any available doff's in your roster

However if you click one of the empty assignment spots on the right (where you would put the doff you wanna munch), this refresh's the roster display, and all the relevant doff's appear.
Thanks for the reply Anon-E-Mouse, but this is unfortunately not the kind of problem that I'm having. Even after refreshing frequently as you mentioned (which is something that I generally do anyway as I'm aware of the Doff system ignoring roster candidates) this problem persists.

What's happening for me is that I currently have 77 Doffs in my roster, 55 of which are green (uncommon) and I'm looking to put all the greens through the reassign missions at Starfleet Academy. However, the mission only seems to want to take selective ones that I've seemingly run out of at this point and yet the other two missions that accept blues and white will take any blue or white Doff that I have right now. It won't accept any of my other green Doffs for disposal and it's kinda vexing.

I hope this can get looked into!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey Heretic, could you take a look back at my original post? I'm curious to know of you've had this type of thing reported before...