Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Starbases are coming!
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Not sure if its been said outright on the forums by a Dev yet, but there was a Dev in game tonight, and I sprung the question on him about Fleet Starbases. Not only are they coming but they are working on them now!

He didnt say much more then that, other then if your fleet has like 500 members, probably not going to be crew cabins for each individual lol. Im sure they are not going to code massive raid events/FA's on Fleet Starbases either, (although that would be cool!) but maybe they can add some basic additions that would make them more then just cosmetic.
  1. Give us something(s) to spend Fleet Credits on
  2. holodecks on Starbases
  3. officer quaters that you can assign
  4. some cool C-store items you can purchase to modify the Starbase
  5. some other gambling game aside from dabo!

these are just some basic ideas without going overboard. I also found this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...Fleet+Starbase

With some more detailed ideas that are really cool. Please feel free to add your thoughts and perhaps this thread will catch the right eye(s) and we might see some ideas added when they implement Fleet Starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 11:25 PM
And how many C-points will THAT be?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
you mean for starbase additions? I hope the actual ability to have Fleet Starbases doesnt cost Cpoints. I was just suggesting other perks for them could be offered via the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 4 No Details
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Lack of details is always a bad thing. Means they do care about user input.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 11:43 PM
One of the Ladys in my fleet spoke with a dev in game, he let it slip that the Fleet Starbases were going to be around 15 Million Energy credits. Whether its true or not ill wait and see, but thats our goal to have available while waiting for it to be released.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren_Larreck
One of the Ladys in my fleet spoke with a dev in game, he let it slip that the Fleet Starbases were going to be around 15 Million Energy credits. Whether its true or not ill wait and see, but thats our goal to have available while waiting for it to be released.

I also asked how that was going to work. He said wasent sure about the credit part. Hes basically one person of a team working on the project. He probably has a specific job like maybe decorate the decks or who knows what. 15 mil is not that much, but perhaps they will offer different styles and sizes for different prices. 100 mil buys you two deep space 9's =)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2012, 12:29 AM
that was me. I'm building the exteriors of the starbases currently. Feds are nearly done, (built, not at all hooked up and working) KDF start next week or the week after.

No details because I can't give you details. Things are not locked in, and we dislike telling people what we are only PLANNING to do, because it always bites us in the aft if those plans change (and they always do).
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
Lol u will have to collect it from a lock box wit a 0.00000000001 chance of get it lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2012, 01:06 AM
And after that private starbases
for ONE person
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I am in a small and casual fleet. Most people left shortly after launch. I guess I should just ignore all this talk about star bases...eh?