Lt. Commander
# 21
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Tumberboy, Please TELL the powers that be, that we want a transwarp option to our fleet starbases.

I have a feeling they won't realize this when they go to put them in game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I can all but guarantee that when they come out they will have "levels." You might be able to upgrade it once for "free" with energy credits or dilithium. The rest of the additions and upgrades, which will be powerful and probably even game experience changing, will cost increasingly ridiculous numbers of cpoints.

You'll start seeing fleets demanding that recruits 'donate' cpoints to the fleet as a price for joining. And usually as soon as the max level has been reached, some group of upper level members will run through and kick out all the peons/patsies/'valued recruit members' who basically paid for it all. And of course, nothing will be done about this as technically once you buy the cpoints, you have already received the full payment value for them (IE, you use them up in anyway, its your problem).

People will rage and complain and flame on the forums, but nothing will ever be done about it because, as has been proven several times now with the lockboxes, there will always be enough short-sighted or just totally ignorant new people who fall for it.

etc ...
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibash
Translation: "We're currently trying to somehow stuff the thing in a lockbox, but the lockboxes are tiny and starbases are big so they might not fit. If we cannot pull it off, then we'll drop the whole idea and so cannot be accounted for promises we never made."

I'd rather see a fair lockbox than 1 million starbases at the moment.
Sorry, your universal translator seems to be malfunctioning. I'll send my engineer Doff over to work on that for you.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
I may be reading too much into this, but I think my fleet's going to be a little disappointed. We're all raging hardcore DS9 fans and were really hoping to get our own abandoned Cardassian mining station spaceframe. Just from the sound of what you are saying Tumerboy, it looks like we're all going to have the same generic Fed starbase.

(BTW, I want to make it clear that that I'm not criticizing here; I'm sure that what you've put together looks great, and I'm personally still excited for the fleet starbase system. I just am a little disappointed that it seems like this won't be an option...)
You're missing the part where he said "Exteriors" and "Star bases" both being plural not singular. Granted the plural usage may have been meant as in the Fed one and the KDF one, but don't give up hope that there may or may not be different exterior choices or that different options might be make avail down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I just hope there's some way that with my lonely 10-Alt Fleet, I can afford to become a Commador.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Tumerboy we love you soooooooooo much.....okay F the *** kissing, how many Tacos is it going to take for you to start spilling some hints about what the starbases look like??

PPPPSSSST Q, get the man his Tacos ASAP!!

we'll even though in some Nacho cheese if there is a vague googleable hint as to what it might look like

The Ferengi aren't above screwing the known and unknown universe for profit and apparently I'm not above pure digital bribery lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplante View Post
you mean for starbase additions? I hope the actual ability to have Fleet Starbases doesnt cost Cpoints. I was just suggesting other perks for them could be offered via the C-store.

All they have to do is charge dillithium. Then if people want things faster, they trade C-points for dillithium. The game needs more/better dillithium sinks.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
that was me. I'm building the exteriors of the starbases currently. Feds are nearly done, (built, not at all hooked up and working) KDF start next week or the week after.

No details because I can't give you details. Things are not locked in, and we dislike telling people what we are only PLANNING to do, because it always bites us in the aft if those plans change (and they always do).
Thanks for comfirming it Tumer. I didnt want to say your name and put you in a bad spot.
Lt. Commander
# 29 What do we need?
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Tumorboy what do fleets need to gather in order to build these bases, my Fleet the Armada is gathering materials and i was wondering if you have any indication of what exactly our fleets need so i can do some gathering runs. Much appreciated

Also make some PVP missions with this base too so that way fleets can use them for something other than a social site. please
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
Tumorboy what do fleets need to gather in order to build these bases, my Fleet the Armada is gathering materials and i was wondering if you have any indication of what exactly our fleets need so i can do some gathering runs. Much appreciated

Also make some PVP missions with this base too so that way fleets can use them for something other than a social site. please
un-replicable materials. That is what i'm guessing.. :p