Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Add me to the list. I come back to the game after almost a year off and I get a game-breaking bug like this; not the kind of welcome home I was expecting.

I'm stuck on "Night of the Comet" at the point that you beam down to Drozana Station. After forming/selecting my away team, the game boots me to the login screen with "Cannot Transfer Character." Starting in normal or safe mode has no effect.

Extremely annoying.

Ticket #1,341,333
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi, it just happened to me, I have raised the ticket in game.

I am at Omega Leonis trying to get to Qo'nos...

Can you please address fast?

I have jsut raised this klingon to level 50 and I want to do some STFs................

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I've been having this issue for 3 days as well! Started with Traelus System and now when ever it wants on any mission!

Cryptic... Honestly I understand the issue, seen it for a few years now, it's called job security. all PWE game are plagued with fix 1 bug create 3 to replace it! DON'T continue down the path of the dark side! retain your pride in the game you created!! So Sad....
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Same issue during "Night of the Comet" when trying to transfer to Drozana Station in the past. I'm not sure if it's important but doing it on KDF.

Couldn't transfer character

EDIT: So I just tried something... I removed all my BoFFs and replaced them with security. Though when I selected continue from the sector map it added the BoFFs back in, it allowed me to continue. Prior I had tried Safe, and Normal logins. I even restarted the game client and none of that worked. To anyone else having this problem give that a try. If that does have something to do with it, it could help the Devs narrow down the cause.

Edit 2: Nevermind that thoroughly bugged the mission and the npcs wouldn't spawn. That completely shut down the mission as I was unable to progress. So I beamed out and tried to continue. I'm back to "Couldn't transfer character". Also tried dropping/restarting mission. Getting "Couldn't transfer character" at exact same point still.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-17-2012, 10:56 PM
I got this on my KDF toon tonight. I'm trying to do Cold case and I keep getting the error message on the second planet in the mission. It ****es me off 'cause I wanted the 3 piece set and now I can't get the mission done.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
hell i got hit with it to doing Friend of My Enemy got to the mission planet after picking up the med supplys and got hit with the error and now i cant finish the mission
Lt. Commander
# 27 Its Alive!!!!
05-18-2012, 12:47 AM
This particular problem seems to be everywhere.

Quote:
Same here...
I'm having the same problem, the only difference with me is I get kicked when I try to beam down to Bajor VII.

I've tried everything except continuing from the sector map as of posting.

It seems that it's at a random point when you get kicked...

EDIT: Yep, can't continue from the Sector map either. Should I submit a bug report?
Last edited by Crazy_Phil : Today at 05:08 PM.
The mission is "Crack in the Mirror". Edit time is GMT +10
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Ill add name to the list

Mission "Night of the comet"
cant transfer to ground map
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Mine was in facility 4028.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Add me on the Facility 4028 list. Got in fine on my main FED, but my main KDF got kicked when trying to transfer to the ground map. Not impressed Cryptic...

EDIT: I manage to got in after randomly changing the BOff I take with me a few times. No idea how that even works (I chose normal login during the relog, if that helps).

EDIT 2: Happens on my second FED, but get myself in by selecting a different BOff and dropping and repicking the mission several times. It's all random really...