Lt. Commander
# 1 Odd NPC Group Behaviour
04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I have a strange bug when trying to use NPCs groups to mimic a timer in a mission I'm working on.

The mission is currently called TEST and has a mission ID of :ST-HQXLYVX5D

I placed 3 mobs in an area where I know the player will be before dragging the actors into an area of the map where the player cannot get to. At some point however during the timing battle. Some of the actors 'teleport'

From the area where they are confined in to the area where the player is. Creating random battles where there should not be.

From what I can tell this only happens to NPC Groups while engaging in battle after a mission has been published. It all works fine while in preview mobs stay where they are meant to be. But once published they appear in odd places.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I was able to determine the following. The Transport seems to happen when coming into contact with a barrier that they would otherwise be unable to move through.

Be it invisible walls, a proper wall or detail.

They seem to transport through that barrier onto the other side of the next official wall. If there is no official wall available then they stay in the room.

I have found a work around for my issue by simply sticking the NPC groups on the far side of the room away from any other possible area and that seems to work.

Also. It may have something to do with knockback powers instead of simply moving but I am unsure of this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
This behavior is pretty much expected because of the way our AI is coded to work. Glad you found a way to accomplish what you wanted, though.