05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
You can thank me,

Thanks Zero!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Also been waiting a long time for this fix, thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Has this fix gone live on Holodeck? I saw a reference to it in the release notes, but I'm in the midst of crafting my entry for contest #3 and I just did a "Play Dialog" test in Foundry and still got the single BOff reply syndrome.

Out of curiosity, can the problem be avoided if you make seperate prompts in the story tree for each BOff who talks, instead of using the dialog editor? Or does that not avoid the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Pi, does your foundry test character have three different type boffs? Granted, that's just the easy answer... but since it's working as intend for me it's all I can think of.

Edit: (Unless you are using space contacts on a ground map of vice versa)

Edit of Edit: (Thanks Zero)
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-14-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't know that there's any way to get BOffs on Foundry test/content creation characters. So neither of my test characters (Fed or KDF) have BOffs at all. However, when I run dialog on my Fed test character for Fed missions, I do get three different characters, one for Sci, Eng and Tac BOffs when testing. KDF side, I just got the one, and I think it's the Sci BOff (it's the default Klingon BOff with the gray skin, bald head and long eyebrows.) Later today I can try making a different prompt with a different starter BOff. But if this is cropping up in the mission tests, it implies that it'll happen when I publish, unless we hear differently about the nature of the fix (i.e. that the fix repairs things after you publish not while you're crafting dialog trees.)

I did try testing the dialog in my Klingon mission with my Fed character, but the prompt disappeared a second after it flashed up, and I didn't have the option to do much at all with the dialog. But Foundry has many explicit warnings about trying to test content on a character of the wrong faction, so.

Edit: Is there an exception when you use space contacts on ground maps (or vice versa)? I'm testing the dialog by itself, which spawns my test character as ground in a holodeck mockup, whereas the dialog is using Space BOffs.