Lt. Commander
Wouldn't it make sense to just delete this entire cluster?

1. It doesn't make sense that a large box of unexplored space is right next to the Sol system. The human urge to explore the galaxy would also go in a SW direction.
2. The missions in this cluster are terrible, starting with aid the planets quest. It's also badly implemented, when "explore unknown system" ---> "A Starfleet outpost in this sector.." or "Explore Unknown System" ---> "Starfleet! Where have you been?"
3. The only thing that the DV cluster does effectively is stall my ship every single time I set course from ESD to DS9.

So, please just delete this cluster, Cryptic. If you want to do something with the other clusters in an exploration revamp, fine. But we don't need a region of unexplored space right next to Earth, Vulcan and Andoria. It's dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
No, I'm afraid I can't agree, that's the one I use for the Explore Strange New Worlds Daily for dilithium, it's close by ESD so it's far too handy to get rid of
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Toss it. Its never made sense that it's there. Hell, after encountering the klingons, and romulans, that's the direction Starfleet would have to go anyway. Being so close, its probably one of the most thoroughly explored areas of federation space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
The only reason it exists is because this game started with those exploration merits that you got from each of the different "unexplored clusters" off of the main sectors.

The entire galaxy needs to be revamped now that the exploration merit system is entirely gone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
3. The only thing that the DV cluster does effectively is stall my ship every single time I set course from ESD to DS9.
That alone should be reason enough for that place to get dumped. lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
It is the low level exploration 'newbie zone.' It exists where it does for convenience to low level captains.

It is traditional fantasy MMO design applied to the Star Fleet universe. It may not be the most logical design in terms of setting but the design is based on practicality rather than setting.

It would be better if they did something with outreach though. At the very least, 'unknown' systems shouldn't be expecting Star Fleet handouts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
simple fact dense clusters can remain unexplored

90% of earths oceans are largely unknown
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Not until I max my accolade for that cluster!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
No Way. The Dr. Doffs for support are too nice!

Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Kirkfat: if you read the mission dialog(as terrible as it may be) you will see that it *is* explored. You(or at least you crew) already know about every alien species that is there.