Lt. Commander
# 21 I say no...
04-25-2012, 05:59 PM
I am always exploring the Delta Volanis cluster. I have no idea why you do not, but I love exploring there. It is a short distance from earth.

Some of us real role players play in the Enterprise and TOS era of the game. I know that ay be hard for some people to understand, but not every player in the game subscribes to the Cryptic Studio back story to Star Trek as "canon."

I do not.

In our role play, we do not even have a 40 year gap in our story line. Our story starts up right as Voyager comes home. In our TOS shows and Enterprise shows, we like the convenience of playing in the Alpha Quadrant and Sirius Sector block for authenticity.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-25-2012, 05:59 PM
I say just move it down abit and maybe cut down the trigger range for when that dialog box pops up or even just make it as a side button.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
And here is my review of the mission that gives you your first impression of the Delta Volanis Cluster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjChrisX
I say just move it down abit and maybe cut down the trigger range for when that dialog box pops up or even just make it as a side button.

If you fly to close to a space cluster the gravity well form the phenomenon will suck you in.

I think the player should just fly a inch further then they usually do and not bother the developer with an irrelevant issue.

Also, space is two dimensional. If it was 3 dimensional then we would have dorsal engines and and our spaceships would be able to roll and bank. At least SWTOR ships can roll and bank and we can fly the ship from the interior of the ship. And our astrogator works correctly.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
There be Sirens in the DV Cluster. They keep luring my navigators there even when I specifically tell them to fly elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
There be Sirens in the DV Cluster. They keep luring my navigators there even when I specifically tell them to fly elsewhere.
I prefer to think that my bridge crew is simply incompetent. No matter who I tell to set course for Beta Ursae:

"Set course for Beta Ursae, Captain?"
"Yes, I just clicked it!"
"Enter the Delta Volanis Cluster?"
"No, as I told you 8000 times before!"

I have to tell the game 3x that I really want to go to DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
I prefer to think that my bridge crew is simply incompetent. No matter who I tell to set course for Beta Ursae:

perks of being an ambassador then... "screw this, im transwarping"
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:

I have to admit, that bugs me too, especially if you have just come from there, set a course for somewhere else, and it asks if you want to go back to the cluster you were just in, instead....
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
I have to admit, that bugs me too, especially if you have just come from there, set a course for somewhere else, and it asks if you want to go back to the cluster you were just in, instead....
It's really bad when you're doing the TtU event and accidentally go in DV, then leave the cluster and end up facing back toward Sol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good
It's really bad when you're doing the TtU event and accidentally go in DV, then leave the cluster and end up facing back toward Sol.
Crazy direction to go for the Race when you can pratically enter AC as soon as you zone out from Sol.