Lt. Commander
# 21
04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Its alright guys, STO be deserted after May 15.......

Maybe a few die hard trekkies
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheedragon
I had just started an elite STF when I got booted from the server for the 3rd time today and now I cant log in because of this.
I dunno about others, but I have had allot of disconnects from the server over the last few weeks, and it all appears to happen during STF's.

I play acouple other MMOs as well and have no problems with disconnects there, so I think what they need to do is do a complete overhaul of the entire server system.
I have been online a great deal over the past few months. Probably more than the vast majority of players.

Only one night did I ever experience multiple disconnects. About 6 times in a 3 hour period.

Other than that its only happened to me a few times once in a blue moon.

I am not so certain it is necessarilly Cryptics servers causing a lot of the problem for people, but may instead be factors having to do with certain Internet Providers, Internet Traffic and how people are being routed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty
I think so. I've only been playing since F2P, so I'm going by that mark. I know when the 2yr anniversary went live the price was around 170 or so, then it went up to around 220 for a few weeks, now it's over 300. Would really be nice if everyone could band together and get the market to go up for a week, then the next week it goes down, next week back up, and so on. Even if it's just by 25 dilithium per cpoint it'd be nice to have that predictability to the exchange and everyone would come out ahead.

Thanks the info. It would be nice but does not look like it's gonna happen unless more people sell C-points for Dilithium... does anybody here do that?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Simple soloution that should have been ingame from day one.....

Make it so we dont have to log out to change toons!
Now, that would something to see......so darn annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandist View Post
online services and stability, in fairness not unique to Cryptic but why is it so hard?
A good question.
I can understand that problems can show up and there can be instabilities at times, but I cant remember this game having stable servers for more then a couple weeks at most.

Seems to me there are always something that causes the servers to crash or players to get kicked for reasons that nobody seems to be able to explain.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Really
04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Listen, Without any type of.......Chaos, there wouldnt be a need for Cryptic, They just maintain everything, i guess they just needed to have something else to do so they added in C-store stuff. Without order, there would be no order, think that through, you dont need a Gov't if everyones calm, but then people are going to naturally do wrong, so there would be chaos anyways
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Lovely. Can't even so much as do surveys for C-points and this is the first chance I've had all day to blow off steam. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixil
Its alright guys, STO be deserted after May 15.......

Maybe a few die hard trekkies
Why may 15?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophere View Post
Thanks the info. It would be nice but does not look like it's gonna happen unless more people sell C-points for Dilithium... does anybody here do that?
I did sell Cpoints I'd bought, but I'm no longer buying Cpoints due to Crypic and PWE ignoring our feedback and complaints regarding the updates and patches and the 'new content'. I'm not happy with it all and a lot of others are unhappy with it, thus we don't buy Cpoints anymore, just use the exchange and play for free.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophere View Post
it's gonna happen unless more people sell C-points for Dilithium... does anybody here do that?
I think the low cost of C Points had to do with the F2P launch.

The dilithium being bought was for many of the new players who were buying ships, consoles, and weapons.

Once these people either quit playing, or learned the error of their ways they stopped wasting their money on CP to buy dilithium.

Add to that people who are now buying C store stuff (Master Keys etc...) and selling it on the exhcange to raise EC for Lock Box ships and we may see CP max out since fewer and fewer players are going to waste their CP buying dilithium once they know they can get stuff from the exchange cheap for EC, or weapons from the STF's which have had the drop rates increased. The prices for RARE BLUE weapons and consoles on the exchange has plumetted since the Doff system introduced Mk-XII purple consoles.

We would need an massive influx of new players to bring down the price at this point.
Closed Thread