Lt. Commander
# 1 Having Trouble Logging In?
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
If you are having trouble logging into your account, your account’s password may have been locked during our account server maintenance today. You can recover your password via the “forgot password” link on the official Star Trek Online or Champion Online websites:

www.startrekonline.com/user/password
www.champions-online.com/user/password

For full details on why accounts were locked today, please read the notification here.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
Cryptic Studios
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
As part of our ongoing efforts to monitor and enhance security, we recently detected evidence of an unauthorized access to one of our user databases.
Well that is disturbing. Can anyone who actually knows about the technical side of this type of situation explain how this happens?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Uh, the links still don't work because the account server is still down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Um Brandon - the account server itself is STILL down (IE I was logged into the STO site before the Emergency Maintenence, but just tried to log into the Champions Online site and no catchpa shows up meaning the account server is still down) - AND the emergency maintenence notification is still on the launchers for STO and CO too.)

So, you might want to talk to netops before posting something like the above
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Brandon quesiton I would like answered please

was this the result of the incident yesterday which took place and everyones passwords were mysteriously reset ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Ohhhhhhhh manz...hax
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
As someone who is still dealing with the repercussions of the Sony hack last year, let me just jump in early and give a big THANK YOU to Cryptic for letting us know about this promptly rather than letting it sit around.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I want to warn people, if you have HAD your password reset, be aware I recived some 'fishing' emails about resetting your password that did not come from Cryptic, just be aware of what your opening.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
...And the link just takes us back to the homepage...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
during i think around December 2010 i kept getting told my password was incorrect in the launcher, but a was logged into the forum at the time and changed my password there. i had to do that 3 times over a few weeks, it just somehow kept getting changed, i was woried my account was getting hijacked, well maybe this is why. at least there was no noticeable tampering with any of my characters, and i have since created a password that hasn't been crackable

cant just change my password through the forum now it seems, stuff has changed since perfect world, says me old password is incorrect. and the links still don't work because the account server is still down. more sitting and waiting, gonna miss my window for playing at all today at this rate
Closed Thread