Lt. Commander
# 21
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
At Cryptic Studios, your privacy and security is important. As part of our ongoing efforts to monitor and enhance security, we recently detected evidence of an unauthorized access to one of our user databases. The unauthorized access occurred in December 2010, and evidence of this has just been uncovered due to increased security analysis.
2010. Well that was awhile back.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Log out of the forums and try again, or use a different browser. I was having the same problem and this fixed it.
was considering this, but was wary. i'd like to not lock myself out, how will i complain then?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deamond63 View Post
well let me just say that i find this very upsetting i can put up with the bugs and every thing elce lack of content and well i dont need to harp but if any thing happened to my main toon with over 550+ hours im so done playing i love this game but i have invested way to much time in him to have it just gone just saying now that my lil rant is over thankyou cryptic for taking the insatve to lock my account i c this as a very good thing!!!

Did you read anything? It happened in December of 2010...so if anything happened it would have happened by now. Looks like they just shut it down to force everyone to change their passwords. Good lesson to change your passwords for everything now and then...
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
You'll need to do what I do, log in (or log out then try to log in) and click forgot password
I'm going to try that. Cross those fingers.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
As someone who is still dealing with the repercussions of the Sony hack last year, let me just jump in early and give a big THANK YOU to Cryptic for letting us know about this promptly rather than letting it sit around.
Ditto here.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
was considering this, but was wary. i'd like to not lock myself out, how will i complain then?
Just do it on the actual site. I heard that there are hackers that can get you on the forums if you log on in the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzriRayne
December 2010... ^^ *thumbs up*
Yeah thats like almost a year and a half ago.
I find this extremely disturbing.

If it takes them a year and a half to find out someone has hacked their system and gotten their hands on com players account info, how can we ever expect to turst them with anything?
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
wasnt december when PW moved in with you guys at cryptic....never trust your new best friends unwashed, longhaired "musician" friend...he'll steal your ashtrays and the beer out of the fridge!
December 2010 not 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 29
Is it back up yet as i still can't get my password renewed?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
If you are having trouble logging into your account, your account’s password may have been locked during our account server maintenance today. You can recover your password via the “forgot password” link on the official Star Trek Online or Champion Online websites:

www.startrekonline.com/user/password
www.champions-online.com/user/password

For full details on why accounts were locked today, please read the notification here.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
Cryptic Studios
I say if Cryptic studios were truly sorry for the inconvenience, they'd offer the customers better account security. Its better to be proactive than reactive.
Closed Thread