[RS]
Star Trek Online Division
Red Squadrons Taskforce
PvE/PvP/RP
INTERNATIONAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incomming Message
Citizens of the Federation,
This is a dark time for our generation, War and death loom from the vast darkness of space threatening to destroy all we have worked so hard to achieve. Yet a glimmer of light illuminates our darkest hour. Salvation is at hand. Starfleet Command has re-commissioned Red Squadrons and has sent us to the Klingon-Federation Border. We require a steady supply of new officers and men to replace the fallen, show your courage, test your metal in the front lines of combat, help beat back the Federation's Enemies - both Internal and External - today! Enlist in the Red Squadrons Taskforce now!

Ask not what the Federation can do for you but what you can do for the Federation, Join the fight today at www.redsquadrons.net

ViceAdmiral Lucas Avis, STO CO

Thatís Right Ladies and Gentlemen, Red Squadrons is back!
To those of you who know us from 11 years ago when we were born, DevilJones RogueTrooper and Maverick say Qapla'!

To those of you who donít know us, Red Squadrons is a 11 year old Gaming Fleet that was started in 1998 on December the 12th. We've played every single Star Trek Game on the PC and a few of us have played on other Consoles too! We've had many wars protecting our name and our allies from the enemies that said RS wouldnít last 10 days... Well we survived their attacks and look at us now... 11 years on and we're still here!

Now is the perfect time to join RS. We've undergone a major reconstruction and reorganization and we will be counting on our new recruits to not only reach the standard, but raise it to new heights. RS is always looking for new members, it does not matter if you are good player or not, but that you're a decent person, we are more interested in your personality than your fighting ability. We can teach you how to fight but can't teach you to be a decent human being.

With Eleven Years of Experience in the Trek Community and the gaming world of Fleets, you can be sure of being in safe hands in Red Squadrons with equal opportunities to take a command position and take some extra responsibilities.
Red Squadrons has always supported Star Trek Gaming and Star Trek Gamers, offering a home for all players. We also support Star Trek Gamers the Community and back in 2003 Fleet Commanding Officer DevilJones gave this interview to STG:
http://www.startrek-gamers.com/interview.htm
Our Fleet CO - DevilJones has been our Fleet CO for the entirety of RS life and has always directed and guided the fleet when we needed it.

Red Squadrons doesn't just support Star Trek Games though, we have also in our eleven year life supported over a dozen non Trek games such as the Battlefield Series, the Call of Duty Series, Guild Wars, Travian, the Dawn of War series... to name a few. As a Multi-gaming Fleet you can be assured of some fun and be in good hands when playing another game, most likely one of us will have it and can keep you company!

The Star Trek Online Division will be a new fully created division with only the CO having been assigned a Command Position. Sorry to everyone getting Admiralships in other Fleets, but joining RS first will not guarantee you a Command Position and everyone will start out at the rank of Ensign.
Command Positions have now been appointed for the First and the Second Battlegroup's!

Here at Red Squadrons, something unique is happening in our STO Division organization.

We have the Operation Divisions that are
Research and Development for the Blueshirts,
Engineering and Construction for the Yellowshirts,
Tactical and Security with low life expectancy and a high member throughput expectancy for the Redshirts!

We have Battlegroups that are a number of Squadrons joined together for Fleet Actions, Fleet PvP and RP. The CO will be able to pick his or her own XO and will sit on Taskforce Command

We have Squadrons....with a twist. A Squadron is a number of members who can not only play well together but whom compliment each others style. A Squadron Leader is someone who has applied, gone through the Command Tests and having passed, has earned the right to command his fellow members into action.
And for the twist... Squadron Leaders will be choosing their own Squadron Members! No one will be assigned anywhere. Instead the Squadron Leaders will be competing with each other for others to make up their Squadron.
Each Battlegroup will be given a logo for recognition and each Squadron will be able to be named and given its own logo.

Both the Battlegroup and the Squadrons will be able to choose their own Training Schedule and what they specialize in, be it PvP or PvE.

The First Battlegroup (EU) and the Second Battlegroup (NA) have been formed and are actively searching for brave new members to help us in our Raiding, Our Player Killing and our Roleplaying!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Greetings to all Star Trek Online fans!

I am Vice Admiral LucasAvis, the Star Trek Online Division CO of Red Squadrons.

We are now recruiting all player careers for our new Battlegroups! Now is truly a good time to join us here at Red Squadrons! We have just installed our new Ranking System and Images in preparation for Star trek Online and have entered a period of Free Recruitment, meaning that all applications are guarenteed to be successful!

Well I guess I should tell you a bit about myself too;

As I said, I am Vice Admiral LucasAvis (my third RS Callsign over 7 years), I started in RS somewhere abouts 2002/2003 in the Elite Force Division (My Thanks to {UFP}Reggie if he is reading this for helping me find some maps recently!) I left RS around 2004/2005 for the Global Defence Initiative to play *********, Total War and FFXI. The GDI lasted until the middle of 2007 after a vicious hacking group destroyed our forums and website. I returned to RS, was eventually made Dawn of War CO and then Diplomacy CO. After the most recent revamp of RS I have been made STO CO.

Other than RS history, I am a gamer and a RTS and MMO gamer in particular through and through. I have been a long time player of World of ******** since Vanilla, been in a few raiding guilds but am now in Moonshyne as a RPer on Ravenholdt Alliance Side. I dabbled into WAR but unfortuantly as a W40k player it didn't live up to my expectations. I have also tried Eve, but well.... I didn't think much of it, lets put it that way. Dungeons and Dragons I occasionally play, and I took the free trial of SWG but didn't feel right to me.
Other than MMO's, the Total War Series and Dawn of War Series are my havens, Mount and Blade is also a wonderfully addictive game. Playstation also has a place in my heart (where there I do end up topping in some FPS )

I like to think I am a nice guy to know, I sure hope so anyway!

And thats that really.

I look forward to be seeing you in STO and I hope to see you in RS!

Ciao!
Vice Admiral Lucas Avis
Star Trek Online Divisional Commanding Officer

www.redsquadrons.net
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:05 AM
A new day and a new chance to kill the Klingons!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:46 AM
back online baby!!

woop woop woop

loving STO !
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:13 AM
welcome back Yujj
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 08:52 AM
ahaha

nearly LC cant wait!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Well the servers are down again, how are we all holding up this fine, Sunday morning?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
between shutdowns - watching tv ^^
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Well it would have been nice to play but ive been stuck in the que to join for ages... i wouldnt mind but my position in the que is 575 which its been for the last half an hour, the only thing thats changing is the amount of others in the que which now stands at 1224... Epic fail Crypic
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
it's funny, I was a big advocate for a que too.

I mean if implemented properly, and with enough server space, a queue isn't a bad thing. Sadly, it seems like either the queue's priority protocol is messed up or the server is just too small.