Lt. Commander
# 1 Assault Cruiser Build
04-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone wanted to see if anyone knows a good build for a Assault Cruiser for a Vice Admiral since I know it can still be used and thinking of getting Imperial look. So do you have a good weapon,shield,and console build? Also mostly for pvp and stf games

Edit: I am an engineering officer, currently shield tanking and a little hull tanking for those that want to know how I like to build my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Go to the pvp forum and check out Mavairo thread, ' How to build a cruiser that's effective..'

I'd link to it myself, but I'm doing this from my playbook
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Is there anyone else with some suggestions, would like multiple builds...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Search for the Dragon Flagship thread.

Also if you want information give it. What do you want the ship to do, what class are you.

This is an outdated copy of my Cruiser Build. Hey your to lazy to look, why should I bother to update it.

Sovreign Assualt Cruiser:

Weapons:

Fore:
1 Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk 12 [?][Borg][?]
3 Phaser Beam Array's Mk 12 [?][Borg][?]

Aft:

Systems:
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Deflector
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Engines
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Shields

Eng:
Neutronium Alloy Mk 11 (Blue) or Electroceramic Hull Plating Mk 11 (Blue) (35% plasma resist for STF's)
Assimulated Module
EPS Flow Regulator Mk 11 (Blue)
RCS Accelerator Mk 11 (Blue)

Sci:
Biofunction Monitor Mk 11 (Blue)
Field Generator Mk 11 (Blue)

Tac:
Phaser Relay Mk 11 (Blue)

Officers:
Tactical:
Ensign - Tac Team 1
Lieutenant - Fire at Will 1, Topedo Spread 2

Engineering:
Lieutenant Commander - Emergency Power to Shields 1, Engineering Team 2, Direct Energy Modulation, Aceton Beam 3
Commander - Emergency Power to Shields 1, Boarding Party, Reverse Shield Polarity, (Extend Shield Strength as 4th skill in case I want to swap them around.)

Sci:
Lieutenant - Polarize Hull 1, Hazzard Emitter 2 (STF's)
or
Lieutenant - Tractor Beam 1, Scramble Sensors 1 (Solo)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 02:18 AM
The "Dragon" build is amazing

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251422

There

I myself use Tet weapons on that build, and it fairs me VERY well
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 02:31 AM
If trying for the 'Imperial' look surely either the Aegis or Jem Hadar set's would be the best (though perhaps not most functional) option.

Again, just to make it clear, I'm talking in terms of a purely cosmetic standpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
If trying for the 'Imperial' look surely either the Aegis or Jem Hadar set's would be the best (though perhaps not most functional) option.

Again, just to make it clear, I'm talking in terms of a purely cosmetic standpoint.
Aegis is IMO the best looking shield in the game, on both sides, KGH would be second.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Search for the Dragon Flagship thread.

Also if you want information give it. What do you want the ship to do, what class are you.

This is an outdated copy of my Cruiser Build. Hey your to lazy to look, why should I bother to update it.

Weapons:

Fore:

Aft:

Systems:
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Deflector
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Engines
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Shields

Eng:
Neutronium Alloy Mk 11 (Blue) or Electroceramic Hull Plating Mk 11 (Blue) (35% plasma resist for STF's)
Assimulated Module
RCS Accelerator Mk 11 (Blue)

Sci:
Biofunction Monitor Mk 11 (Blue)

Tac:

Officers:
Tactical:
Ensign - Tac Team 1

Engineering:
Lieutenant Commander - Emergency Power to Shields 1, Engineering Team 2, Direct Energy Modulation, Aceton Beam 3
Commander - Emergency Power to Shields 1, Boarding Party, Reverse Shield Polarity, (Extend Shield Strength as 4th skill in case I want to swap them around.)

Sci:
Lieutenant - Polarize Hull 1, Hazzard Emitter 2 (STF's)
or
Update first post for more play style info, also saw this build... could it be used with 2 forward and 2 rear torpedo launchers?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:

Weapons:

Fore:

Aft:

Systems:
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Deflector (Borg deflector)
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Engines (Borg engine)
M.A.C.O. Mk 11 Shields

Eng:
Assimulated Module
RCS Accelerator Mk 11 (Blue) (SIF)

Sci:
Biofunction Monitor Mk 11 (Blue) (another field generator)

Tac:

Officers:
Tactical:
Ensign - Tac Team 1

Engineering:
Lieutenant Commander - Emergency Power to Shields 1, Engineering Team 2, Direct Energy Modulation, Aceton Beam 3 (i would swap aceton beam with Direct energy modulation, or take AUX to SIF 3)

Sci:
Lieutenant - Polarize Hull 1 (TSS, not polarize hull), Hazzard Emitter 2 (STF's)
or
remember that cruisers are meant to tank and support...not to deal dmg. Highest priority must be survival then support and after that dmg.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbongrip
Update first post for more play style info, also saw this build... could it be used with 2 forward and 2 rear torpedo launchers?
I do sometimes move the rear torpedo to run two forward and still keep my 6 beam broardside which is fantastic for killing gates in STF.

I'd be more willing to run

Fore:
Torpedo, Dual Beam Bank, Beam Array x2
Aft:
Torpedo, Beam Array x3

Over running two Torpedoes Fore and Aft, but if you do that use Photons, it's still a viable build. For testing weapon loadouts invest in White Mk X gear, it's cheap and you can sell it on the exchange for pretty much the same price you paid for it. Once you know the concept works. I'd also be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
remember that cruisers are meant to tank and support...not to deal dmg. Highest priority must be survival then support and after that dmg.
Yeah you didn't quote the bit where I said outdated, I have actually made all the changes you've said. With two exceptions I keep the Aceton Beam as it seems to be the closest thing I have go to a Taunt button in this game. I can pull a Cube back to me with it. I'm not running it for DPS I'm running it for it's Nerf factor.

That being said I can Tank an Elite Tac Cube or Elite Donatra Easily.

The only thing I don't understand is why would I lose Polarise Hull? How will I get out of Tractor Beams?

Also I'm running Tetryon Beams now (with the right consoles of course) and I'm thinking of switching to Phased Polarons since it's not about the DPS and I could drain Power & Shields on Proc.