Lt. Commander
# 51
04-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk161 View Post
Cryptic has a choice. They can say nothing or do something. I don't care which. I'm not asking for compensation. I'm not asking for anything. I don't believe that they care that much about the likes of me. They can try, or they can remain silent. No idea what they will have to do or say. There are no guarantees that anything they say will satisfy me.
I like the game, I'll play it as long as it's fun but until I am convinced that they have their security in order (which might be never) my money stays in my pocket. What part of that would you like to argue about next? Maybe you could quote fips again and say something heavy like "network security aint for the faint of heart" or maybe you could paste another url into a thread or do a Google search.. that would be great!
And I noticed that you completely avoided answering my simple question.... If you don't know what it would take to convince you that its safe to do business with Cryptic, then why should a Dev even bother to respond to you??? If he tries to address your concerns, you can come up with some lame excuse on fly on why this doesn't satisfy you... (And talk about being a Troll here...)
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
And I noticed that you completely avoided answering my simple question.... If you don't know what it would take to convince you that its safe to do business with Cryptic, then why should a Dev even bother to respond to you??? If he tries to address your concerns, you can come up with some lame excuse on fly on why this doesn't satisfy you... (And talk about being a Troll here...)
and I noticed you completely missed the part about this having nothing to do with you. You do not work for Cryptic. This has nothing to do with you. As I said before, you can spend money here, it's your E-Wallet sport, knock yourself out.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levaria View Post
Speak for yourself there guy

Im coming forward because my Identity social and information was used approximately three weeks ago by third parties. Long story short I got denied unemployment benefits because someone used my information to get a job and claim wages under my social security number... Now it brings me to the following question..Shall I wait until I am completetly fleeced before I sue cryptic or after... I already filed a police report with the Sheriffs office and a report with the Federal Trade Comission...

So thanks for letting us know two years after the fact.. I dont care at this point what the naysayers say, I now have to turn my life upside down, shutter my accounts and go through the painful process of recovering from this. Thanks for taking a massive dump on your customer base Cryptic. And yes I will be pursuing this matter with an attorney, least these idiots can do is give us credit monitoring for free for the individuals that were effected by this, but thats to much to ask seeing as how long they waited....

And yes I already contacted Cryptic but I thouth its fair for the rest of the gaming masses to be aware that I may be one the first victims in this regard.
Sorry... I wasn't aware that you had to give up social security numbers or anything that could be used to get info like that... I certainly did not have to, but US ID info might be less secure than what we have here...

Care to enlighten me how any of the info we provide while signing up, would allow for the kind of abuse you are discribing? (No really... I am quite puzzled, and now need an answer...)