Lt. Commander
Hello, I have already submitted a ticket for this, but I'd like to post here too in the hopes that I may get a quicker response to the issue. Due tot he recent breach in which user account information was access by an authorized entity, my account "RickRand1980" , Like many others, has been reset. Problem with that being I don't have access to the email address on file anymore, therefor have no way of resetting it myself. I need the email address on the account changed. Is this going to be possible? Thank you for reading.

RickRand1980
Lt. Commander
# 2 same thing for me
04-25-2012, 06:58 PM
i'm also having the same issue of not having access to the old email i used to create cryptic account. wondering what's going to happen with that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Same boat. I recieved an email stating that for securtiy puposes Cryptic changed my STO password and asked that I click the "forgot password" button on the site to get the new one. When i click the "forgot password button the screen changes to a Perfect world screen where it asks for my email address. I type in my email address and hit submitt where it then says it does not recognize my email. Of course it doesnt recognize my email, my account is with Cryptic not Perfect World. You change my password then prevent me from getting a new one all the time charging me for the game. Please advise. Unhappy customer
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm in the same boat. I have this backup FTP account, but I can't get access to my lifetime account for STO or Champions. My lifetime account name is not recognized, and when I try to do the password reset, the email I get says its resetting the password for my FTP account.

This is becoming very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
When the login server came back up, I was forced to reset my password. Afterwards, I couldn't login. I reset it three more times, before I noticed that I might also need to reclaim my username. So I did. It gave me a name not my own. I tried to login with it, and I have no characters, no forum history, no C-Store items, etc. Blank slate. I've put in a customer service ticket. As it stands right now, I cannot login to my proper account.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I have the same problem, I got a email that warns me to change my password, but when I click on that link it sends me to STO homepage. I cant reset my password .
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matija View Post
I have the same problem, I got a email that warns me to change my password, but when I click on that link it sends me to STO homepage. I cant reset my password .
There was a hack back in 2010, and now they want us to reset our password nearly 2 years later.
Lt. Commander
# 8 cannot reset password
04-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Please help! This is just a silver account i made, cause I can no longer access my normal gold one, since its password has been reset. I used a university e-mail I no longer have access to for my registration, so i cannot have an e-mail sent to me to reset my password.
What should I do? I'm desperate, I am playing sice open beta and have 7 level 50 characters. Please, how do I recover my password?
Lt. Commander
# 9 Cannot reset the pwd
04-26-2012, 04:48 AM
I post this for a friend of mine who cannot reset the password.

I received an email regarding your security issues and discovered that you forced
the reset password process on my account due to those securioty issues. That would
not be a problem IF the email containing the reset code would arrive. The email account
where i received the security issues comunication is the same where i should receive the
reset link, but the reset link DOES NOT arrive no matter how many times I try.
What should I do? How can I reset the password if the reset link does not arrive?
Please let me know as soon as you can.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Same situation
04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm in the same boat. This is an old FTP account since I cant use my normal one. I know the e-mail address my lifetime account is linked to but the Cryptic website is continually saying there is no account linked to this e-mail address. And since they changed the password, I've got no way to access it.

Thank you Cryptic for creating an impossible situation. Your fix is.....?