Lt. Commander
# 21
04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
I too am held hostage by this issue.A reponse from a DEV or support person regarding the issue and a fix would be much appreciated. Having to just wait 3-4 days is not an acceptable response. As I am a gold member Im sure you can understand my frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous.

I just tried for the last 2 hours to log into my Cryptic account registered under this e-mail address and it doesn't accept any password I throw at it.

I try to reset password, and nothing arrives in the inbox. I am not logged into the forums, because I can't get into the forums, this is an alternate account I made to post my frustrations here.

I e-mailed customer support, but 3-4 days wait? That is unacceptable. I hope someone at Cryptic can help me regain access to my account: solarnova

Thanks for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-26-2012, 09:21 AM
So thats whats going on.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Some sort of a comment down here would be grand. But Brandon is doing all the talking in the Federation News Service thread. Where new and or silver accounts are unable to post!
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok, I figured out what happened. Apparently my @gmail account linked to my user had flagged every Cryptic password reset e-mail as spam!

I had over 17 Cryptic- password reset messages in my spam folder. This is gmail's fault, not cryptic, and I am now able to log into my account. So disregard the above message.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarnova View Post
Ok, I figured out what happened. Apparently my @gmail account linked to my user had flagged every Cryptic password reset e-mail as spam!

I had over 17 Cryptic- password reset messages in my spam folder. This is gmail's fault, not cryptic, and I am now able to log into my account. So disregard the above message.
As a side note, love the avatar lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarnova View Post

This.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 28 your hacked we are screwed
04-29-2012, 07:27 AM
I was hacked to and finally got back in to find every thing stolen and all characters deleted... This is really a mess on their account as I have 800 days on this game.. Hope the chinese can reset all of our characters again and reestablish our accounts. to where they were with a huge bonus of money and goods for putting us through all of this...make sure if you were on cryptyic that you are not being forwarded to the perfect world as theres no info on the free chinese accts of you. Ya its a real Perfect world...haha
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Okay, I was in the same boat. I had lost access to my old email, so I couldn't reset my password.

So I created a new F2P account, and filed a ticket telling them to re-set my old Lifer account.

Which they did. Great.

What I didn't realize though is I now had a PWE account, and a Cryptic account. Both with the same new email account.

The email PWE gave me contained a link for the password reset for my F2P account. So I banged my head in frustration for 5-10 minutes over this.

But then I realized I needed to re-set my Cryptic, Lifer account through STO. So I went to the webpage, and clicked on password re-set here. That did the trick. Yes this means you'd have to log out of the forums first.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I got in contact with customer services and am currently in the process of resetting my password now. I have to say their replies have been extremely quick, one reply being a minute after I sent the message.
Unfortunately it was the weekend but I hope to be back in the game sometime tomorrow with any luck.

So my advice is the same as above, set up a PWE account then file a ticket through that system. They have been extremely helpful so far.