Lt. Commander
# 41
05-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I Found more info On the dauntless
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
That Was Great The Blue Prints Were Copied Look At that Pic And Read It Is A Federation Ship Friend
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
It looks as if the ship was built around Quantum Slipstream drive, they should use that.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
ship was not a fed ship made by ppl or one person that was killed by the borg so I say no to this ship in the game for there is no one alive to give blue prints to make it
Voyager themselves scanned the ship. And who says the entire species was wiped out. How many times has this happend. Only to find stragglers left and right. Heck, do this. Seven's last link to the hive mind got the blueprints. She built the ship as a real fed ship and named it the Arturis class. A form a redemption to his species.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer9234 View Post
Voyager themselves scanned the ship. And who says the entire species was wiped out. How many times has this happend. Only to find stragglers left and right. Heck, do this. Seven's last link to the hive mind got the blueprints. She built the ship as a real fed ship and named it the Arturis class. A form a redemption to his species.
ummm idk the dude who made the ship did one there was no blueprints for the dude who made the ship had them all the Voy crew had one picture of a ship nothing more if even that
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer9234 View Post
ummm idk the dude who made the ship did one there was no blueprints for the dude who made the ship had them all the Voy crew had was picture of a ship nothing more if even that

btw where you get that info memory beta?
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
btw where you get that info memory beta?
Memory Beta is ... not exactly expanding on the subject beyond the episode itself.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/US..._%28NX-01-A%29

All of that is pure speculation from his part and considering his proposed Station arrangement ... lets say he really likes this ship and leave it at that.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm totally for a playable dauntless. Maybe it could have a "Prototype Slipstream" Ability, just to suggest a name. And it would look awesome firing cannons!
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Lol Wow This forum is getting interesting idk i was gonna have to fight so hard for this ship but to all the dauntless haters its on im gonna push this ship so hard now and to all the supporters i thank you this would be a amazing ship
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
Lol Wow This forum is getting interesting idk i was gonna have to fight so hard for this ship but to all the dauntless haters its on im gonna push this ship so hard now and to all the supporters i thank you this would be a amazing ship
If this were a TOS or TNG era game there would probably be a lot of interest to keep things as canon as humanly possible, to preserve the identity of the universe as Star Trek.

The issue here is that STO isn't even remotely softcanon anymore and it plays out like Generic Sci Fi with Star Trek-like ships, and it's no point arguing about the game's direction.

For better or for worse, we're going to see a lot of very 'alien looking' Starfleet ships in future that bear no resemblance at all to ships of a previous (canon) century.

Some, like the Odyssey can be treated as far-future evolutions of existing Starfleet engineering philosophy. Others, like Dauntless, are whole new revolutions to illustrate far-future progress.