Lt. Commander
Hello all. I came back from a lengthy break, and have been catching up on accolades. Unfortunately, I can't seem to finish the old Defend the Sector Block missions where you had to finish three waves if I recall for each finish of the quest. Doing the quest 70 times finishes that sector block's accolade. There is no more quest giver for this any longer.

How do I finish these accolades? Is it no longer possible? I fly into them occasionally, and they always tell me "nice work captain, blah blah, mission finished" or some such regardless of what is going on. I have stayed and finished wave after wave. I have flown to all the enemy signal contacts and done them three times each for several different sectors and yet I can't get the accolade counter to advance. For example, I am stuck at 7/15 for defending the Sirius Sector Block.

I have tried to google for help, but cannot come up with any help there. Thanks in advance for help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
These missions were removed from the game. I do not know if they are ever going to put them back but as one who would like to finish the same accolades as you I am hoping they will put them back i the game soon.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah. It would be nice to get dilithium and skill points too from those missions. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Ah that is a bummer. I hope Cryptic puts them back in as I am willing and prepared to grind them all out. I think I could reach 10k accolade points if these were doable again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 01:11 AM
People on the accolade channel been asking Cryptic about it for a while now, and they never gave any response.

Right now, many people have their Sector Defense Accolades in limbo, not able to work on them. But there is a division where some people want them back, others (like me) who think that Cryptic should get rid of them since the DSEs were THE most boring thing to do in STO.

So hopefully we will get an answer what they plan to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 02:20 AM
There are still there but not sure if you get points or alcolates for it ? I loved them the only thing they had to beaf them up but since F2P they removed them.
But that's cryptic they removed it because they couln't fix it same with kerrat they do notting because they do not know how to fix it .
There all a bit like T. Paris was in the serie Star Trek - VGR - S5E09 - Thirty days trow it away because they don't know how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
Hello all. I came back from a lengthy break, and have been catching up on accolades. Unfortunately, I can't seem to finish the old Defend the Sector Block missions where you had to finish three waves if I recall for each finish of the quest. Doing the quest 70 times finishes that sector block's accolade. There is no more quest giver for this any longer.

How do I finish these accolades? Is it no longer possible? I fly into them occasionally, and they always tell me "nice work captain, blah blah, mission finished" or some such regardless of what is going on. I have stayed and finished wave after wave. I have flown to all the enemy signal contacts and done them three times each for several different sectors and yet I can't get the accolade counter to advance. For example, I am stuck at 7/15 for defending the Sirius Sector Block.

I have tried to google for help, but cannot come up with any help there. Thanks in advance for help.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
I can confirm that the enemy signal contacts can still be used to advance the enemy flagship accolade. At least this is still working. I do agree that Cryptic should either put them back in or remove the accolades and points for them completely. Make a decision one way or another as I can't stand messy accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the dev team hates accolade hunters... at least it feels that way sometimes...

Hopefully they will do something to make it possible to complete those missions. Thankfully I managed to get them done but I would be so frustrated if I was in your position. Let's hope it's just a bug that will eventually be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Yeah. It would be nice to get dilithium and skill points too from those missions. *sigh*
This is what I had been hoping for. Defend each sector once a piece and get three times dilithium the normal daily gives, after all that is ten sectors to defend, and each sector you go to adds one point toward each accolade. Any devs out there dig this? Kind of hoping they would do this with the exploration missions but at least we still have these to run.