Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Now sure if this has been posted before. But something struck me and wanted to put it out there.

Would it not be better to allow the items that change the visuals of ships (Reman shields, borg defelctors ect) to be made as ship costume unlocks rather than specific to the part being equiped?

I know some for the items it makes sense but id like to be able to have the visuals of a borg shield But to have something more effective loaded. You already have the option when it comes to ground costumes with reguards to the Maco, omega and honor guard sets. So why not a similar thing for ships?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes that would be nice. And the argument with PvP depending on the visual to see what thye are up against is simply irrelevant, because you can turn the visual off already and no one can see what it is by locks alone. Beside the state minority of the hardcore pvp crowd.

So yes, make the items that visual changes to a ship as costume unlocks.
There are many items that look good but won't be used because their stats are subpar.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 07:58 AM
I would like this very much. The Jem'Haddar shields look great, but I'm already decked out in M.A.C.O. and Omega gear. It would be a clear downgrade for me. The Reman shields are very nice as well. At least I got to use them for a while while leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Definitely, I have a constant problem of picking between the shields that suit my playstyle best. and the ones I like the look of on my ship. They should all be customization unlocks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
this is the best idear i have ever read.. would be another step in having different looking ships flying around instead of clones how cool would it be if u could change the colour of the costumes aswell
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I would LOVE this. I want my KDF invader in full borg set looks all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I would love to have this too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Considering in ground pvp that I can wear my Maco mk xii costume but be carrying entirely different weaponry and equipment makes the space pvp identification point moot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Considering in ground pvp that I can wear my Maco mk xii costume but be carrying entirely different weaponry and equipment makes the space pvp identification point moot.
Considering most avid PvPer's turn off the visuals to hide what they are wearing anyway, the community has already rendered that point moot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm ok having it so the equipment upgrades the ship appearance. My Galaxy loves her purple nacelles.

I would honestly prefer if this change was done to the character sets. Body armour specifically. I don't wear any on any of my characters, as they get covered in an Iron Man type outfit and defeats the entire point of me making their costumes. I'm the same with kits (Though I do equip them when going into hazardous areas).