Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
I'm ok having it so the equipment upgrades the ship appearance. My Galaxy loves her purple nacelles.

I would honestly prefer if this change was done to the character sets. Body armour specifically. I don't wear any on any of my characters, as they get covered in an Iron Man type outfit and defeats the entire point of me making their costumes. I'm the same with kits (Though I do equip them when going into hazardous areas).
If you right click the armor/kit and select "Disable Visuals" I think you will find a solution to your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I would go one step further and say that ALL ship gear should have some sort of visual, even if it's more muted than the Gear Sets.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
If you right click the armor/kit and select "Disable Visuals" I think you will find a solution to your issue.
Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
I'm ok having it so the equipment upgrades the ship appearance. My Galaxy loves her purple nacelles.

I would honestly prefer if this change was done to the character sets. Body armour specifically. I don't wear any on any of my characters, as they get covered in an Iron Man type outfit and defeats the entire point of me making their costumes. I'm the same with kits (Though I do equip them when going into hazardous areas).
If you get yourself a MACO/OMEGA (Mk-XI) ground set and make that as your active costume it overides the Iron Man outfit and has a decent appearence.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that would be a great idea. Once you unlock something, it should be come selectable as a ship visual. They've been making a lot of great looking visuals on sets that I just personally don't use, but I'd like to see on my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
They already do this over in Champions. You get a "unique" piece of armor or weapon and it unlocks that piece for your character. Not sure how hard it'd be for the devs to port it over, but it appears to be doable.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Yes that would be nice. And the argument with PvP depending on the visual to see what thye are up against is simply irrelevant, because you can turn the visual off already and no one can see what it is by locks alone. Beside the state minority of the hardcore pvp crowd.

So yes, make the items that visual changes to a ship as costume unlocks.
There are many items that look good but won't be used because their stats are subpar.
Like the Aegis set which these days is garbage but has some of the coolest visuals of anything in the game. I would also love the ice trails of the Breen Engines and my current Bortasqu' would love to be fully borgified without using the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
If you get yourself a MACO/OMEGA (Mk-XI) ground set and make that as your active costume it overides the Iron Man outfit and has a decent appearence.

You mean MK XII right?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
You mean MK XII right?[/color]
Both the xii and the xi ground kits have costume unlocks. You just get more unlocks for the higher level of the kit.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
I would very much like this. I prefer one set's visuals but the other has better stats. Should be set up like the ground sets, being able to pick the costume and still pick any set you want.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post

If I did that, I would have first find and get these MACO sets, and it still wouldn't be my uniforms (First Contact basically, with the ds9 admiral belt coloured to match their undershirt division colour. Except Captain. Who gets a black belt). The disable visual is the best bet.

What does the Aegis set look like? I keep hearing that setup getting thrown around, but I've never actually seen it. And where do you get these borgified kits and visuals from that I keep seeing flying around on other hsips?