Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniacapra
Nothing is wrong with it, however it's a 2 year old ship!

Given it's popularity, making an updated version IS A VERY BIG REASON to create a +1 version.
So, the Hegh'ta is as old and yet no +1 T5 version of it exists. SO other than to fleece more revenue from the playerbase, what is a valid reason for a T5 +1 Fleet Escort?
Simply put the current version is very capable, one of the reasons for its popularity, and doesn't need a refit or retrofit for gameplay purposes. Imo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The Fleet Escort is listed in the Rear Admiral LH/UH range. Does that not make it a T4? Just like the Hegh'ta is a T4 in the Brigadier/Major General range.
T5 is any of the Admiral ranks. At least that's who STOwiki has it:

http://www.stowiki.org/Admiral#Tier_...gadier_General

On the Mark page as well:

http://www.stowiki.org/Mark

I think I do fine in STFs with my fleet escort. I can hold my own.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So, the Hegh'ta is as old and yet no +1 T5 version of it exists. SO other than to fleece more revenue from the playerbase, what is a valid reason for a T5 +1 Fleet Escort?
Simply put the current version is very capable, one of the reasons for its popularity, and doesn't need a refit or retrofit for gameplay purposes. Imo.
This is why I'm recommending not upgrading the fleet escort, but the Akira instead. AKA +1 Heavy Escort Retrofit.

Its also more likely given that the Akira is a canon ship, many people have been wishing for it, and most if not all +1 ships on the Fedside bar the Oddy have been popular canon ships.

My earlier post covers the specifics.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So, the Hegh'ta is as old and yet no +1 T5 version of it exists. SO other than to fleece more revenue from the playerbase, what is a valid reason for a T5 +1 Fleet Escort?
Simply put the current version is very capable, one of the reasons for its popularity, and doesn't need a refit or retrofit for gameplay purposes. Imo.
New content, increased options (in terms of player choices) are game play reasons IMO. In a universe where I'd imagine >20% players are RP ship collectors, new, none-lottery, ships are a good thing. Also, I'd like to see you try your argument on all those waiting on the Sovereign - R.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
This is why I'm recommending not upgrading the fleet escort, but the Akira instead. AKA +1 Heavy Escort Retrofit.

Its also more likely given that the Akira is a canon ship, many people have been wishing for it, and most if not all +1 ships on the Fedside bar the Oddy have been popular canon ships.

My earlier post covers the specifics.
It's certainly on the cards, but I feel the hull design looks a little ancient - it would require a new visual design - an update which may or may not be something already in development.

This proposal is specifically about low hanging fruit. It's ripe, time to pluck IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniacapra
Nothing is wrong with it, however it's a 2 year old ship!

Given it's popularity, making an updated version IS A VERY BIG REASON to create a +1 version.
I'm not sure that Appeal to Novelty is the best way to encapsulate your proposal (is there anything inherently wrong with a 2-year-old ship, apart from the novelty wearing off for some?). However, since there's the +1 Prometheus, a better argument would be that we need an allegory for fleet escorts. So I approve this idea in general.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniacapra
New content, increased options (in terms of player choices) are game play reasons IMO. In a universe where I'd imagine >20% players are RP ship collectors, new, none-lottery, ships are a good thing. Also, I'd like to see you try your argument on all those waiting on the Sovereign - R.
What Arguement? I asked a question.
As to the new content, increased option (in terms of player choices) as game reasons - I can agree and like most KDF fans we've been asking for that for a while now.
Of course being the <20% of the playerbase maybe we don't qualify to ask for any of the above?

So again I ask, for what game enhancing purpose should this new ship be added into the selection of ships already in the game? New Content? Why? We are already waiting on new content to fill the older askings for new content. Increased Options? Why? The T4 Fleet Escort is a fine ship and does a wonderful job as an escort.
Defend your answer with more than a I want it becuase I want it attitude.
I'm not saying not to make it or that it should not be made, just curiuos why make it when suppossedly almost everybody is at level cap and needs content to play, we have a half faction sitting idle and the desire for a third in the wings and a Fleet Escort +1 ship will only be enjoyed by a part of the playerbase instead of new Escorts designed from existing Star Trek vessel classes that everybody may enjoy?
Granted the Devs have already said more ships are in the works and the Fleet Escort may get a +1 version in the mix, so mainly I'm curiuos why such a priority should be put to this beyond as an option for Cryptic to make money in the Cstore from it?
And you can aplly that line of questions to the Sovereign-R as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
T5 is any of the Admiral ranks. At least that's who STOwiki has it:

http://www.stowiki.org/Admiral#Tier_...gadier_General

On the Mark page as well:

http://www.stowiki.org/Mark

I think I do fine in STFs with my fleet escort. I can hold my own.
My missunderstanding of the ranking system then.
Please change my references to T4 to T5 in my questions.
For example, Why does a fully functional and capable T5 Escort need a +1 version made, especially if the +1 version offers nothing beyond the initial versions ability to deliver?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Whats wrong with the T4 Fleet Escort as it is?
It's not as good as the Guramba and it's not a T5.

Which is basically the same ship, with more features. (hence +1).

Or should the KDF be the only ones with a +1 version of this ship?





While I'd much prefer the T5 Akira to pretty much be the +1 Fleet Escort, I'm not opposed to a +1 Fleet Escort.


Although I'm not a fan of the Lt Comm Eng slot, and feel the current layout is one of the better Escort BOFF layouts in the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
What Arguement? I asked a question.
As to the new content, increased option (in terms of player choices) as game reasons - I can agree and like most KDF fans we've been asking for that for a while now.
Of course being the <20% of the playerbase maybe we don't qualify to ask for any of the above?

So again I ask, for what game enhancing purpose should this new ship be added into the selection of ships already in the game? New Content? Why? We are already waiting on new content to fill the older askings for new content. Increased Options? Why? The T4 Fleet Escort is a fine ship and does a wonderful job as an escort.
Defend your answer with more than a I want it becuase I want it attitude.
I'm not saying not to make it or that it should not be made, just curiuos why make it when suppossedly almost everybody is at level cap and needs content to play, we have a half faction sitting idle and the desire for a third in the wings and a Fleet Escort +1 ship will only be enjoyed by a part of the playerbase instead of new Escorts designed from existing Star Trek vessel classes that everybody may enjoy?
Granted the Devs have already said more ships are in the works and the Fleet Escort may get a +1 version in the mix, so mainly I'm curiuos why such a priority should be put to this beyond as an option for Cryptic to make money in the Cstore from it?
And you can aplly that line of questions to the Sovereign-R as well.
I'm selling this as a new way of adding playable ships without a huge amount of work. I too, would like half a dozen new ships, MY ACTUAL PREFERENCE is to ENTIRELY NEW HULLS that move the IP forward and add new mechanics to the game. However it seems like a Fleet Escort could be done exceptionally easily, added without many of the strings attached with ship creation, and with a much greater appreciation than the Lock Box ships that are enjoyed by even fewer players, for much more developer opportunity cost.

As for game design role, bridge officer slots and what this new varient would add to the game, as I mentioned in the OP, I am open to suggestion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.