Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Account Deleted !?!?
04-26-2012, 09:15 AM
OK, this is a slightly different situation than just a password reset. Apparently one of two accounts I have registered at the same email address has been completely wiped out due to this year-old hacking fiasco.

If a mod or someone in authority is actually reading this, you really need to fix some problems in contacting you and using your online forms:
* You cannot submit a ticket without being able to login to your account! Can you say "Catch-22"?
* Sending an email takes 3-4 working days? That means 5-6 actual days due to the weekend and my account has been deleted?? Really?
* With multiple accounts on the same email address, the reset email either only sees one of them or selects the most recent one to reset. I'm logged in as the second account now but the system apparently no longer sees my other one anywhere.

If it turns out that I've lost an account that I've worked on since game launch (just over 2 years!) I'm going to be really, really, upset I think.

Cryptic/Perfect World what the heck are you doing out there, and can someone PLEASE get this straightened out??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKrudAlt
OK, this is a slightly different situation than just a password reset. Apparently one of two accounts I have registered at the same email address has been completely wiped out due to this year-old hacking fiasco.

If a mod or someone in authority is actually reading this, you really need to fix some problems in contacting you and using your online forms:
* You cannot submit a ticket without being able to login to your account! Can you say "Catch-22"?
* Sending an email takes 3-4 working days? That means 5-6 actual days due to the weekend and my account has been deleted?? Really?
* With multiple accounts on the same email address, the reset email either only sees one of them or selects the most recent one to reset. I'm logged in as the second account now but the system apparently no longer sees my other one anywhere.

If it turns out that I've lost an account that I've worked on since game launch (just over 2 years!) I'm going to really, really, upset I think.

Cryptic/Perpetual what the heck are you doing out there, and can someone PLEASE get this straightened out??
What do you mean by wiped? Did you login and find no characters because you have not logged-in in a while?

If that's the case, most likely, your characters may be in the back-up database. Log out of the game and back in to the game. If this is still an issue, check out this post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=267893


Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKrudAlt
OK, this is a slightly different situation than just a password reset. Apparently one of two accounts I have registered at the same email address has been completely wiped out due to this year-old hacking fiasco.

If a mod or someone in authority is actually reading this, you really need to fix some problems in contacting you and using your online forms:
* You cannot submit a ticket without being able to login to your account! Can you say "Catch-22"?
* Sending an email takes 3-4 working days? That means 5-6 actual days due to the weekend and my account has been deleted?? Really?
* With multiple accounts on the same email address, the reset email either only sees one of them or selects the most recent one to reset. I'm logged in as the second account now but the system apparently no longer sees my other one anywhere.

If it turns out that I've lost an account that I've worked on since game launch (just over 2 years!) I'm going to be really, really, upset I think.

Cryptic/Perfect World what the heck are you doing out there, and can someone PLEASE get this straightened out??
you may have to recover your account name as well. Follow the instructions for that and you should be good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Brandon,
Thanks for the prompt response. Let me elaborate a little more---

First, I cannot get into the game at all. The launcher says it does not recognize my account. When I navigate through all the forms, and attempt to find my user name, it only recognizes this one from my email address. I cannot reset the password on my other account because it doesn't allow me to or , as it says, it doesn't know about that account. The password may have been reset but I have no way of getting to it to reset it to my own password. This goes for the web page account manager and game launcher both.
( i was on the account as late as an hour before the password reset yesterday with no issues. I'm usually on it every day.)

Second -- your link to the other forum message appears to be broken, can you re-copy it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Everything I have seen suggests that you can not register another account under a previously registered email address. Was this previously possible?

How long has it been since you last logged in to play? Are you mistakenly entering your account and PW into the launcher as it was under Cryptic, but with the PW account option toggled?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Brandon's like got garbled during transport . This one should work (same thread)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=267893
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Everything I have seen suggests that you can not register another account under a previously registered email address. Was this previously possible?

How long has it been since you last logged in to play? Are you mistakenly entering your account and PW into the launcher as it was under Cryptic, but with the PW account option toggled?
No, it's set for Cryptic, and as indicated I've been using this account frequently for over 2 years, even as late as an hour before the server went down yesterday.

There has never been a problem EVER with having more than 1 account registered to the same email. They certainly don't have any problems billing for both of them (I'm Gold). Something happened yesterday that either wiped this account completely out or made it so that I can no longer access it by any known means.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I didn't think it was possible to have a second account under the same email either
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Brandon's like got garbled during transport . This one should work (same thread)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=267893
Thanks, but I've already been to that link hours ago. Unfortunately, it requires you to login to your account to submit a ticket for it. A classic CATCH-22 if I can't access the account to begin with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry then You are definitely going to have to reach out for support then. Check out this page: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=267893

The email option may be best.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.